GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:32:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove old alias from player profile on GES-Stats  (Read 8197 times)

Zimman11

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zimman11 has no influence.
Remove old alias from player profile on GES-Stats
« on: September 06, 2018, 02:50:30 am »

okay I'm at my wits end here. When my Steam account was created I was sharing a computer with my sister. I noticed on sites like GES-stats it lists her steam id as a former alias because this account was originally set up as hers.

It contains her full first and last name as she never played online multiplayer games, but I'd like to remove it from my profile pages. I've searched every where trying to figure out how to do this. Any ideas?

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Re: Remove old alias from player profile on GES-Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:33:34 am »

okay I'm at my wits end here. When my Steam account was created I was sharing a computer with my sister. I noticed on sites like GES-stats it lists her steam id as a former alias because this account was originally set up as hers.

It contains her full first and last name as she never played online multiplayer games, but I'd like to remove it from my profile pages. I've searched every where trying to figure out how to do this. Any ideas?

To my knowledge, it'll show up previous aliases regardless. I believe it shows up to 25 aliases, so you'll have to give yourself new Steam nicknames over and over until it gets rid of it.

I could be wrong though, just my 2 cents.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 05:09:10 pm »

GE:S Stats isn't affiliated with the dev team but is a community-run website. I'll make sure this post is seen by the person responsible.

Also Steam keeps a list of recently used aliases as well, so make sure it doesn't show up there either.

Captain George

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Captain George has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:43:18 pm »

There is nothing you can do, and you will forever be your sister. Sport her name proudly.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 09:34:11 pm »

Sadly we cannot remove a single name from the database as it'd risk losing all of it (Almost a full decade). Not to mention I don't have access to it, and the admin that does has stopped working on it and is just slowly waiting for it to shut down. It'll most likely shut down before 2019, or the first quarter if 2019.
Pages: [1]   Go Up