GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:59:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I would like to help Mix and Master the soundtrack.  (Read 10745 times)

Takyon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Takyon has no influence.
I would like to help Mix and Master the soundtrack.
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:11:00 am »

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was extremely interested in working with the producer of the soundtrack and help him/her Mix and Master it. I love this mod and I feel that there are small things missing in the songs. I believe that some instruments need more reverb, EQ and possibly just a second ear to really pop out of the speakers. The songs as they are really do come extremely close to capturing the original N64 version, but each individual track needs a smooth Mastering phase to create consistent across the board.

Just so you know, I use FL Studio for everything. I have also attached a song that I produced. It's a bit odd but it shows how I use effects like reverb. If you were interested, I would do it for free. I have also attached a song that I produced. It's a bit odd but it shows how I use effects like reverb.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xhv93i07bt71n/Mason%27s%20Song%20Revised.wav?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:17:24 am by Takyon »

Takyon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Takyon has no influence.
Re: I would like to help Mix and Master the soundtrack.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 03:53:38 am »

Bump

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
Re: I would like to help Mix and Master the soundtrack.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 04:13:31 am »

Hi Takyon,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and for offering up the services that you mention!

However, based on the fact that the music in the game spans more than a decade and has been made by at least 4 main composers using various DAWs we simply do not have the project files that would be needed to attempt a re-master of the score.

I actually put the Full OST together for 5.0 last year and spent some time sourcing the best available quality versions of the pre-5.0 tracks and had to stick with previously released MP3s and WAVs as the producers simply do not have the project files anymore.

Thanks for reaching out to the team and for sharing one of your tracks too, I actually started out with Fruity Loops back in 2003 before moving onto Propellerhead Reason in 2004.

After having a chat with the other two composers currently on the team we have agreed that due to our various styles and musical backgrounds we are quite comfortable with the way we currently mix and master our tracks independently, but again thanks for offering your time and service!
Pages: [1]   Go Up