GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:47:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreating Opening Sequence  (Read 4007 times)

Link

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Link has no influence.
Recreating Opening Sequence
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:44:42 pm »

Greetings lads.

I am a small time Machinima maker for Garry's Mod (I make my own personal projects and trailers for other people who need in-game Garry's Mod product advertised) and I have just recently come across this source version of my favourite Bond film, Goldeneye.

I have always wanted to recreate a famous movie segment, and which better one to do it than my favourite... the opening sequence of Goldeneye. The good news is, I've got all of the items I could possibly want due to this source mod. One thing I am missing however is the dam... I cannot find a map where you can walk on the actual dam rather than just see it from a distance.

I did a bit of research and I have found that there is a map that exists. This map can be seen in the mock version of the intro 'lol another day' which can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_195406&feature=iv&src_vid=4D7T-XqZbzE&v=muxe9oXzKqo

The second half of the video, if I am not mistaken, is filmed in ge_facility. This is alright as I already have this map.

So what I need from you guys... do you know of the map where you can actually walk on the dam? Without it, I can't really do this project. Thanks.

Link.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: Recreating Opening Sequence
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:17:45 pm »

There's no map where you can walk on the dam unless you use a community one, but I'm not sure if they're updated to work on 5.0.
The mod never officially had the dam as a playable area neither now or previous versions.

Link

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Link has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:16:26 pm »

Ah, I see.

But how about in previous versions of the game? Where can I find a list of all community maps so I can have a look for any potential map? It doesn't need to be for the current version of Goldeneye source as I would be moving it over to G-Mod anyway.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:14:49 pm »

Ah, I see.

But how about in previous versions of the game? Where can I find a list of all community maps so I can have a look for any potential map? It doesn't need to be for the current version of Goldeneye source as I would be moving it over to G-Mod anyway.

You'll find all custom maps here:-

http://files.ges-stats.com/maps/

Thanks to Multiplayer X for this link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up