GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:13:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to start game  (Read 4153 times)

moelester

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • moelester has no influence.
Failed to start game
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:15:48 pm »

so, i installed it the other night, played it a few hours, come to it the next day, tried to boot it up, click launch, and i get steam failed to launch game notification, re-installed and it worked fine, come back to it today, and same error, anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Failed to start game
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »

There is an issue with Source where the HL2 process doesn't close. Press CTRL+ALT & DEL and see if the "hl2.exe" is running.

The only other thing I can think of that would cause it to suddenly stop working is if perhaps your Antivirus software was deleting a file during a routine scan, try checking your Antivirus for any quarantined files.

EDIT: If it does turn out to be an issue with the "hl2.exe" not closing, to save you pressing CTRL+ALT & DEL and manually closing the process, you can create a batch file using Notepad on the desktop with the following line:-

taskkill /F /IM hl2.exe

Save the text file with the ".bat" extension.

If you want to change the icon, just place the bat file in your gesource folder, create a shortcut and drag it to the desktop. Now right click, select properties and under "shortcut" tab click on "Change Icon", select your "gesource/resources" folder and double click the GES icon, then apply followed by OK.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:37:21 pm by markpeterjameslegg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up