GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:07:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a little help with new dedicated server  (Read 3908 times)

mikeyc222

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mikeyc222 has no influence.
Need a little help with new dedicated server
« on: August 18, 2016, 01:01:02 am »

hello everyone! just recently found out about Goldeneye: Source and i'm loving it. i decided to set up a dedicated server so my friends and i can play private games whenever we want and i have run into a little issue that i was hoping to get a little help with. i have the server up and running, and when i launch the client, i can open the dev console and connect to the server using the "connect :27015" command, and i can see my client connect in the console tab of the server window, but i can't get my server to register in the server list. i watched a video on setting up a TF2 dedicated server where it showed using a command in the console to register the server, "cl_gameserver_register_identity" but that command doesn't seem to work for me. i have done the port forwarding on my firewall for 27015.
can anyone help me figure out what i am missing or doing wrong? i'm sure it's something simple and i'm just a dufus who overlooked something.
thanks

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Need a little help with new dedicated server
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:16:53 am »

Howdy! First thing you should do is to try changing maps by using the changelevel command, then use the heartbeat command.
It's silly but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

mikeyc222

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:23:40 am »

ok, tried that... the changelevel command says i'm not playing a game, even though i am definitely in. heartbeat command appeared to execute properly, though.
thanks for the quick response!

mikeyc222

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:38:12 am »

nevermind... i feel dumb. i originally tried to run the changelevel and heartbeat commands in the dev console inside the client... just ran them both successfully in the server console window. no change. :(

mikeyc222

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:22:54 pm »

tried lots more things today and still can't get it to show. i tried installing the server on a different machine and set it to LAN mode, did the changelevel command and couldn't even get the server to show up under LAN servers. i'm wondering if my awesome U-verse router is hosing me again. it has in the past...
getting a little frustrated that i can't figure it out.
i tried setting up a TF2 server and am having the same problem...
any more ideas from anyone?
thanks

mikeyc222

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »

finally figured out this morning that even though i have done port forwarding on my firewall, port 27015 was showing closed with a port  testing tool. i looked at my machine and found that even though there is only one network cable plugged in, it is showing both a public and private connection to my network with the same IP address. i disabled my public network firewall, since it's a desktop and not likely to be carried around anywhere, and now port 27015 tests open. at work right now so i can load up the client to see if my server publishes in the list, but i will check it tonight.

mikeyc222

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »

finally working after disabling the public network firewall, launching the client and running the changelevel and heartbeat command.
Pages: [1]   Go Up