GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:38:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change install location during installation?  (Read 4486 times)

GingeryBeard

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GingeryBeard has no influence.
How do I change install location during installation?
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:19:05 pm »

Hello!

I recently downloaded the installation for 5.0 but there seems to be no option to choose the install folder of my choice. It defaults to install under my C drive where I don't have a lot of space. I would rather install it under my E drive. Is there really no way to change the folder or am I just blind and can't find it?

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
Re: How do I change install location during installation?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:14:31 pm »

The game will automatically install in your Steam directory under Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource. In your case, I would suggest moving your Steam directory over to your E: drive. You can safely do this without any consequences. I would suggest updating any desktop shortcuts you may be using for Steam if you do this, though.
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

GingeryBeard

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »

The game will automatically install in your Steam directory under Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource. In your case, I would suggest moving your Steam directory over to your E: drive. You can safely do this without any consequences. I would suggest updating any desktop shortcuts you may be using for Steam if you do this, though.

That makes sense. I usually have Steam installed on my C drive but my Steam library folder under E. Can I just move the steamapps folder from C to E or is it better to just move the whole Steam folder? Thanks for the help by the way.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »

That makes sense. I usually have Steam installed on my C drive but my Steam library folder under E. Can I just move the steamapps folder from C to E or is it better to just move the whole Steam folder? Thanks for the help by the way.

For mods to work properly, I do believe you will have to switch the entire Steam folder to the different drive.

GingeryBeard

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 07:15:13 pm »

For mods to work properly, I do believe you will have to switch the entire Steam folder to the different drive.

Alright, thanks! I'll try it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up