GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:33:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No steam logon?  (Read 2969 times)

Guitarplyr0289

No steam logon?
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:12:00 pm »

Hi all, I'm new around here and to the GES game. I did some digging on the forums yesterday and today, and got a dedicated server up and running. Something I noticed that I though was odd, after a inordinate amount of time, users will get sporadically booted out of the server with the statement "Dropped *person's username* from server (No Steam logon). Is that normal? What exactly does that mean or is the cause of that?

Seems a little strange that ALL players would get that all at once.

Running this on a Win 10 machine, correct port forwards in place, firewall exceptions in place, everything appears to be as it should.

I did search the forums for this before posting but didn't come up with anything similar.

Thoughts?

goldenlydia

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • goldenlydia has no influence.
Re: No steam logon?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:24:11 pm »

Hi!
I'm getting the exact same thing as you on a fresh windows 10. after some random amount of time the clients are booted out with the "No steam logon" message.
But when the "freeze" happens i can't see the clients leaving before i press "enter" or any other key inside the console window.

I changed to a fresh Windows 7 installation. don't seem to have the same problem now.

both the tested machines running virtually on a powerfull vmware ESXi server.
Waiting for a Linux server version :)

Guitarplyr0289

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:45:10 pm »

weirdly enough it hasn't done it since. I dunno wtf happened

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 02:26:08 am »

Something on Valve's end as far as we know.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 02:27:06 am »

You might have just lost your connection to steam temporary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up