GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:33:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux Support  (Read 8844 times)

jamesbond

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jamesbond has no influence.
Linux Support
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »

OK, I have infact researched this extensively before posting but can only seem to find outdated/BS answers. The Source SDK Base 2007 installs and functions perfectly well through Steam in Linux, actually that is what makes Half Life 2 available on SteamOS if I'm not mistaking. So why can I not run this in Linux? Or maybe I can and am just not finding the right download, all I can locate is the .exe for that other platform that isn't worth a dime yet costs over $100.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:14:25 pm by jamesbond »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Linux Support
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:12:53 pm »

You can run in it Linux using Wine. It is NOT supported though, so if you run into any issues we likely won't be able to help you.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:36:28 pm »

Only SDK 2013 supports Linux and Mac, and its not exactly easy to port to that engine. We tried.... and its not pretty (https://github.com/goldeneye-source/ges-code)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 12:28:51 am »

It appearing on Linux is a bug. If you launch it, you get a missing executable error.

TuxMcGux

• Agent
  • TuxMcGux has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:28:15 pm »

Sort of related. Do you guys have an ETA on linux server for 5.0? Would live to get one hosted!
Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor... except crime!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »

Its currently being tested in the field, if you would like to help test it please PM me.

billotronic

• Agent
  • billotronic has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »

Only SDK 2013 supports Linux and Mac, and its not exactly easy to port to that engine. We tried.... and its not pretty (https://github.com/goldeneye-source/ges-code)

First, I feel ashamed that I've just now come across this project. Seriously, there is a little warm fuzzy part inside of me now.... this game brings back some very fond memories. Thank you.

Ok, with that out of the way, is the sdk 2013 port still an active project? Are there any build instructions anywhere? I would love to help test this out for you folks and can contribute documentation to the github.

Again, Thank you.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 04:51:14 pm »

Abandoned two years ago.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

professorkaos64

• Agent
  • professorkaos64 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:54:19 pm »

Abandoned two years ago.

Linux build instructions were added to the ges-code repo days ago. Is that for the client or server?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:07:33 pm by professorkaos64 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up