GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:29:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Materials, Models, etc and External Hosting  (Read 5207 times)

iMouse

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • iMouse has no influence.
Map Materials, Models, etc and External Hosting
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:43 pm »

I'm looking to host a few maps that in addition to the .ain and .bsp map files, require other materials, models and script files.  I have the files hosted on webserver and the server.cfg modified to tell the clients go out there to get the .bsp, but they ignore the other files.

How would I go about forcing the clients to look for a .lst file containing the additional files?

A good example would be something like ge_train_cy that contains materials, models and scripts that are not part of the ge_train_cy.bsp map file.  I've created a ge_train_cy.lst file, but how does this get to the client?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Map Materials, Models, etc and External Hosting
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:13:16 pm »

The default way to list additional assets is through .res files, in the "maps" directory. This post provides an example.

iMouse

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • iMouse has no influence.
Re: Map Materials, Models, etc and External Hosting
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:05:46 am »

The default way to list additional assets is through .res files, in the "maps" directory. This post provides an example.

Ah, ha!  That explains a lot now.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up