GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 04:29:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine Server Commands?  (Read 4207 times)

WilliamSlapner

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WilliamSlapner has no influence.
Engine Server Commands?
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:51 pm »

Hi everyone,

I used to play with a server with certain custom settings that allowed me and some friends to have a fun gamemode that involved LTK without actually coding it. The commands that were critical to it were sv_friction (to build up speed, it took skill to build up speed rather than ge_velocity) and sv_airaccelerate (so you don't stop like a dead rock when trying to air strafe). Is there anyway to get these back onto a server via plugin or simple editing with python? I looked for plugins but most are just cvar lists and config plugins. Thanks!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Engine Server Commands?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:58:44 pm »

You can have python execute arbitrary server commands. The easiest way is to add them to the game modes configuration file in the cfg directory

WilliamSlapner

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WilliamSlapner has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »

Ah okay, however I think it is impossible now for those commands as I tried them in HL2 DM and they do not exist there either. Only in CS:S do they still work. So I guess I'm out of luck :(. Thanks for the reply though :)!

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

Yea, that's right.  I used to use the sv_friction command too but it has been removed.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up