GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:18:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Map Pack  (Read 57920 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Community Map Pack
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2014, 09:53:45 am »

And a shortage of tea lol... Thanks KM. Still got some black reflection to remove off the chrome sections at the bottom of the watch, also noticed some slight imperfections in the contours, one very slight at the Center left edge, also at the top right edge :) :) :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2014, 05:02:01 pm »

Removed a couple of little defects along the contours, and completely redesigned the Scan line areas of the Watch face as the proportions and edges were off before...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »

Fixed the awful black reflection at the bottom left and right edges of the watch, some changes to opacity on the menu...

Also, added shadow below the watch Dial to coincide with the lighting direction...

Before

After

Actually, looking at the before and after shots has just highlighted an imperfection on the edge of the hand so that'll be my next job :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:22:54 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:06 pm »

Never been happy with the Health and Armour bars, so decided to redo them, unfortunately it did mean redoing the Scanline sections again, but I'm getting there...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2014, 12:33:22 am »

Done... Time to take a break, eat some curry and put some Next Gen on... Make it so :)

Oh... And the "Achievements" is for you Troy :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:39:14 am by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2014, 12:56:29 am »

Just noticed and fixed a couple of angles that were slightly off, check with previous image and you'll see what I mean...

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:34 am »

Nice improvements.
I like the achivements button too.

Not sure about the blue Ring, maybe a bit darker and/or desaturated would be good IMO.
One thing that bothers me a little is that due to the watch hiding it, the hand and arm on top optically don't meet up.
Maybe you should deform that angle of the hand shiluette a little to have it vanishing behind the watch on a more convinient point and angle.
For example on the bottom it's much more obviouse how the shiluette continues.

Would be cool if that thing on top was a button too that opens a weapons guide.
And maybe a version number for GES could be included too.

I know the "Q Watch V2.01 Beta" was there in the original game too, but it might confuse ppl.
Maybe time for a Q Watch update, let's say to V4.3.0 or rather V5.0.0?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2014, 10:56:32 am »

Just to let you all know, I'm still here... Decided to move away from the watch for now and take a look at the menus, during which I came up quite a cool idea which I will finish tonight after work, so expect an update on this tonight. On another note, I'll be releasing the Map Pack sometime in December, no fixed date yet.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:10 pm »

Hi all, been very hard at work the last week or so, not just with life, but with the watch menus, I have put every spare hour I have into designing the Find Server section which has been a difficult task to say the least as fitting everything onto a watch screen is no easy task, but I'm almost done now, once I feel ready I will post some screens. On another note, whilst taking a break last week I came up with an idea for the main menu... As you know I have put an Achievements button at the bottom of the watch menu (Troys idea), then it occurred to me that I could do something with the image of the PP7 at the top of the watch, so I decided to create a weapons section detailing weapons information based on the Wiki, these are the screenshots...

http://imgur.com/a/7KCWc
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:29:41 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2014, 02:34:15 am »

In the original GE64, when you viewed your Q watch, it would display your current health and armor level and your current weapon.  You could scroll through the rest of the weapons you had in your inventory and select one.  An example of how this could work is you'd press enter to view the watch, use the scroll wheel to scroll through your weapons, left click which would make a beeping sound and change your current weapon, and finally press enter to exit the watch.  Maybe the images could be used for this in the next release.  Good job!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:22:03 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2014, 08:30:56 am »

Thanks Troy. Mouse wheel is a good idea as another option, although maybe not immediately apparent so I should probably keep the Next and Previous buttons. Also, I figured the Escape button would be probably the most likely button to bring up or move back on the menus. My four days off start tomorrow, I'll be working on the Find Server menus, also I'd like to go over the weapons, do some edging, curve some straight lines etc... But at some point these four days I'll be posting the Find Server menus for everyone's feedback :)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »

GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

I want one  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:11:17 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:38 am »

I feel the need to point out that all the work I have been doing with loading screens and menus is by no way official as their seems to be some confusion, it's just something I do purely out of enjoyment and is free to anyone that wishes to make use of any of it for their own projects, if any of you would like any of the PSD's related to my work feel free to PM me and I'll send them to you. Once organized, I will be sending my PSD's to KillerMonkey for placement on GitHub, at the moment everything's a bit of a jumbled mess, I have however almost finished putting the loading screens into one PSD, a lengthy process to say the least. Apart from trying to organize PSD's & work with the Map Pack I have found some time to go over the weapons wiki part of the watch menus and done some edging, smoothed off some sharp corners etc, here's a few screens...

EDIT: Actually, that shotgun isn't finished, I meant to upload the other one :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:21:47 am by markpeterjameslegg »

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • XtremeWRATH has no influence.
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

Any update???
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up