GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 03:03:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Guards  (Read 46529 times)

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
Re: Guards
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:37 pm »

Hehehe. I used very civil dwayne. was one of my favorite characters   ;D

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:02 am »

So do we HAVE to be on the GE:S team to get our heads modeled as soldiers? ::)
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:12 am »

I'd prefer it that way right now because of the time required for doing one head and the tradition involved, but if we happen to get to a point where randomized heads are implemented and we need some generic heads, I'll see.

• Secret Agent
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2014, 02:50:18 am »

Alright, I can wait, it'd just be so awesome killing me friends as myself. XD
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:14 am »

@DrDean
Don't forget to model your own head  8)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:24:16 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

PATRIOTA

• Agent
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 10:30:28 am »

Hey Dean. Anything new?    :)

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:07 pm »

There is! It's me! Used 3D scanning as the method this time. Worked okay, maybe a little more trouble than it was worth but whatever. Took a series of pictures around my head and let 123D Catch calculate it. Please don't stare at the wireframe too long, you might burn your eyes out. I think my topology gets worse with each head, check out those triangles in the middle of the cheek. Good lord. That's why my title says 'Model Man' and not 'Character Artist'.  :P

Here's what the infantry body looks like.

I forgot the soldiers also had a beret so I'll be making that next. Haven't worked on the soldiers too much lately, but this morning I widened the character selection menu to have space for more characters including these guys.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:25:02 am by DrDean »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »

Ignoring the wireframe, the scan doesn't look half bad other than that weird shading going on around your temples and ears. Also, awesome to see another body going. With all these guard models singleplayer might be something to start thiking about...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2014, 04:11:56 am »

I'm totally blown away. This looks so cool.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

PATRIOTA

• Agent
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2014, 09:23:03 am »

PERFECT !!!!!! ;D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2014, 11:42:12 am »

^^Possible new Dr. Doak spotted.

Topology should be edited though.
While it's not necessary to avoid triangles and ngons at all cost (after all, the final model will be triangulated anyway), my main concern would be edge flow and polygon density in areas that do not need it.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2014, 12:20:54 am »

Ignoring the wireframe, the scan doesn't look half bad other than that weird shading going on around your temples and ears. Also, awesome to see another body going. With all these guard models singleplayer might be something to start thiking about...
I know that a ton of people on youtube would be excited if the team announces making the campaign for this. GoldenEye has one of the most memorable and fun campaigns of all time and I'd love to see it recreated in this mod especially with the maps detailed after the movie, it'd be exactly what we want.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »

At this point it seems like the biggest limitation would be code, as things like guard patrolling and NPC types and such would all need to be coded.

With the open source'ing of GES, Dean's incredible guard models, and my growing interest in coding, maybe something will happen ;)

It would need to get to a decent stage of development before a public unveiling, however.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2014, 02:14:09 pm »

All of the patrolling can be done in Hammer with paths, although probably some AI behavior would have to be tweaked to mimic GEN64's. Regardless of how cool singleplayer would be, I think everybody's stance on it (including my own) is to get multiplayer as tip-top shape as possible. Singleplayer would be more of a side project after the multiplayer's very close to or at 100% completion, I reckon. I'm putting words in everybody's mouths here, though.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:20:41 pm by DrDean »

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2014, 02:57:09 pm »

All of the patrolling can be done in Hammer with paths, although probably some AI behavior would have to be tweaked to mimic .

Sure, you can set up paths, but the AI has to actually support patrolling first... As it is, GE:S has MP bots and no proper NPC AI.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:45:49 pm by soupcan »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up