GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:36:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Guards  (Read 45883 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Guards
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 09:02:38 am »

Oh and these guys are clearly the Russian soldiers, but perhaps I should do some quick editing after when all is done and have a Russian infantry version?

I like the idea of editing the finished model in order to get more character variations.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:05:42 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

NOoOO!!!!!!     

see the face of Dr.Doak is nothing like that. NOTHING.

however. that face should be used in this man

This face is EXACTLY THE SAME !!!!

The face i posted is not meant to be used for Dr. Doak, but it's also not even close to that civilian.
I'm not saying that it would matter to match these faces at all.

As for Dr. Doak, why not using this one, only the head ofc.:

At least he's a doctor and it would be a cool reference to the engine we're using for the mod.
I bet there would be a few ROFL when ppl see this for the first time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:29:29 pm by kraid »

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »

I agree with Kraid. gordon freeman has the same characteristics as dr. doak. by removing this glasses of ned flanders. is equal   I think a good option  ;D

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2014, 01:14:09 am »

I agree with Kraid. gordon freeman has the same characteristics as dr. doak. by removing this glasses of ned flanders. is equal   I think a good option  ;D

nah i cant see it sorry maybe its the hair but yeah i cant see Dr. Doak looking like Gordon Freeman
(besides with any possible copyright issues with valve) 

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2014, 03:01:03 am »

Hah, don't worry about any copyright issues with Valve. They have no problem with using the likenesses of their characters in free mods of their own engine. I don't think it's a good idea, anyway.

Killermonkey has added randomized player heads and hats as a possible (low priority) feature to be implemented in the future on the GE:S roadmap.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2014, 03:20:23 am »

Excellent news! This ought to add variety in character selection if you manage to get several different character heads done.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2014, 03:37:21 am »

Why Gordon when we (possibly) have Major?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:23 am »

just a quick question do you think that there will be player models for some of the main characters?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2014, 10:45:06 am »

Why Gordon when we (possibly) have Major?
Considder Gordon as Plan B if major doesn't feel like shaving or alternate skin if he does.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2014, 08:43:57 pm »

Considder Gordon as Plan B if major doesn't feel like shaving or alternate skin if he does.

Gordan should always be as plan B for Dr. Doak

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:41 pm »

I think plan b is to abort the whole thing.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2014, 04:24:59 am »

I think soon I have to fire out the camera. I want to shoot my face in our game. I don't see the weirdness  ;)

This is an amazing thread. I am so so happy he is being recruited to the DEV team!!

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2014, 05:29:52 am »

Maybe is necessary something bigger  ::)

Dean. would be possible to use the head of gordon freeman as a base. and adjust the shape of the face to make it similar to dr.doak  o_O? 

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2014, 11:54:25 am »

^^Would be easier to create a new face from scratch, also it would kill the joke if he doesn't look like Gordon.

Just imagine all the players that are used to get the door decoder from Dr. Doak, but this time they'd face Gordon Freeman.
Even if we can find a more suitable Dr. Doak (e.g. Major), i'd still like to have Gordon as an easter egg somewhere, maybe as a regular scientist.

Since there isn't even a model of him in the game itself, we'd either have to do one or ask one of the creators of the Freeman GMOD models for permission to use it.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2014, 12:46:29 pm »

I don't care about Dr.Doak, I want Dwayne Dibbley LOL...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up