GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 12:00:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 64 Bit compatibility error with v4.2.4  (Read 4668 times)

joeycrack

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • joeycrack has no influence.
Windows 7 64 Bit compatibility error with v4.2.4
« on: November 22, 2013, 12:41:37 am »

Hey
New to this game and the forums. Thought I would download the game and give it a try but I ran into a Windows compatibility error message when trying to run the Full.exe installer. 'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows youre running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the program and contact the software publisher.'

I am guessing I downloaded a 32-bit version of the game but I cannot find a 64-bit download anywhere on the site. Any help appreciated

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Windows 7 64 Bit compatibility error with v4.2.4
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 01:01:34 am »

The 32-bit installer works fine with 64-bit editions of Windows. If neither running it natively or though compatibility mode work, chances are the file you downloaded is corrupt and you should try downloading again.

If not, you should be able to extract the files from the installer using software such as 7-zip, or you can just use the server download, and then copy gesource to your sourcemods folder.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:05:58 am by soupcan »

joeycrack

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • joeycrack has no influence.
Re: Windows 7 64 Bit compatibility error with v4.2.4
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:18:34 am »

Looked around online and saw somewhere that when downloading GES in firefox it can give issues for some people. So I just re-downloaded full.exe in IE and it is working now, so was a bad file I guess. Thanks for the help though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up