GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 12:14:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant seem to make a Dedicated server.  (Read 5804 times)

fink000

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • fink000 has no influence.
Cant seem to make a Dedicated server.
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »

Hello everybody. My Name is Fink000. I am having trouble setting up a dedicated server. I recently got into GES and have turned many of my friends onto it also as we used to play it on the n64 many years ago. I want to make a Dedicated server for my friends and I, but I seem to be running into a considerable amount of trouble doing so. I have followed the guide on the wiki to the tee. but can't seem to get it to run on the internet. The server displays on the LAN tab, but not the internet tab. There seems to be some errors in the command lines, but I don't understand what they mean. A link to a screenshot is below so you can see the errors. I really appreciate any help on this as I am at a loss.

http://i46.tinypic.com/qznegz.jpg

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: Cant seem to make a Dedicated server.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:27:59 pm »

If you're on the same network, it will show up for you as a LAN server regardless if it's an internet-based server or not. the only thing that comes to my mind right now is check your firewall to see if it's being blocked. Also, it wouldn't hurt checking your router to make sure the ports are forwarded.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:10 am »

I don't recommend creating a dedicated server based off your personal internet. Not only will this give you "host advantage" but it would cause major lag to the players on that server.

If however, you still want to go through with your server, you need to be sure that your ports are open, so that your friends may connect. TCP/UDP Protocols = 27015

Configure your firewall to allow hl2.exe on both public and private connections.

Once you've opened up your server through your ports and configured everything that's needed, now it's time to make it online.

Open up your developer console, this key: (`) right below the Esc. button. (To enable the console, go to options, keyboard, advanced, and enable it.)

Now type in:
sv_lan 0

ip [your ip address] Make sure it's your public ip, not your personal one.

heartbeat

There you go!
(Devs, if you find an error, please tell me, or edit it! Thanks!)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:11:34 am »

What about changelevel, last time i checked it was necessary to run that once.

Code: [Select]
changelevel mapname

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:11 am »

What about changelevel, last time i checked it was necessary to run that once.

Code: [Select]
changelevel mapname

Thanks, I forgot that one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up