GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:34:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug] Very Important!  (Read 6057 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Bug] Very Important!
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:53 am »

Fellow forums goers,

This is a very important announcement regarding a forums bug that you may be infected with!  It's a highly contagious bug that has the capability to spread from one registered member to another.  I don't mean to alarm you, but it's a possibility that you have this!  I am not a certified doctor; therefore I cannot prescribe an antidote.  What I can do is alert you of the symptoms.

Some of you reading this thread may visit these forums everyday, while others may visit it every blue moon.  The more frequent forum goers have probably noticed a reputation number directly below their profile picture as they post.  I for one, never use to pay much attention to this.  After all, it was just a number attached to my profile.  As time went by, I became a more frequent visitor.  I began to notice that my reputation would unmistakably decline.  I had not posted anything to offend anyone, or posted anything to hurt anyone's feelings.  I was simply making contributions to GoldenEye: Source and the forums.  Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months.  Finally there came a point in time when I had enough.  To put an end to my curiosity, I scrolled up to the top of the forums, clicked profile, hovered over profile info, and found a section called view reputation.  I selected this section, and to my dismay, I discovered numerous of my threads and posts had been unjustly spited.  My jaw dropped to the ground, and I sat there in complete confusion.  Why would someone do this, and what exactly was their motive?  I looked into this further and discovered that it was not a person, but rather a bug.  This bug goes by the name Mangley.  It is a very annoying bug that lurks these forums a few times a day.  It it more prone to strike when someone (like myself) works very hard at something.  Typically, Mangley will leave a strange comment just to leave you more puzzled than you were before.  Here's a recent example of the bug at work:

After being infected again and again, I knew something needed to be done.  I contacted the forums owner, Killer Monkey, to inform him of this bug.  Unfortunately the answer he gave me was, "Mangley is a known bug.  It is needed because it makes contributions to GoldenEye: Source.  The downside to it is it needs a diaper change every so often."  I still do not completely understand what he meant by this, but I did gather that this bug has not been potty trained yet.  I asked Killer Monkey, "Being such a young and immature bug, is there a solution to this problem?"  He responded, "No, but I am looking into it."

Well folks, there you have it.  Killer Monkey himself said there's nothing to be done about this bug.  At this point in time, all you can do is view your reputation and see if Mangley has spited you and left you any strange comments.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:30:29 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Bug] Very Important!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:18:09 am »

That's funny. I've only been getting good reputation from this bug.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:27:17 am »

This be a fun, fun bug. Have you tried Raid? It kills bugs dead, I heard.

Also, I'm on the verge of being accepted. It means the world to me.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 10:29:32 am »

I love this bug.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:45:34 am »

One bug I won't be fixing

Also, don't attach my name to something I didn't say, that's how you get more negative rep
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:37:23 am by killermonkey »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:43 pm »

I never payed much attention to this feature.
Just checked and noticed that i have some reps, too.

Maybe Mangley is using this feature somewhat more then others.

Since this seems to be an issue between YOU and Mangley, i think it should be sorted out between the two of you in the first place.
No need to drag the whole community into this.

So far i haven't been able to recognize immature behavior on Mangley.
I sadly cannot say the same about you.

Just take this thread as an example.
Or things like here:
http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7039.msg74084.html#msg74084

I won't say that there hasn't been any wrong behavior from Mangley too, i just didn't notice anything.

So this goes to both of you:
sort out your differences, get over it or at least to a "status quo".
You have to decide what is more important to you, fighting out your personal vendetta or help bringing this mod further.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:35:36 pm »

Yeah, I've never taken any notice of the rep thing either, don't know what's happening with you guys but forgive and forget is my motto, life's too short to hold grudges. Actually if memory serves me right, I fell out with KM when first joining the forums, let's just say I wasn't prepared for his somewhat harsh, no bullshit response to whatever I said, I have actually come to respect that quality now.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »

Hi Troy!

Well I'm not sure what to feel about this! I didn't realise I was a bug.

The reputation system on this forum allows people to add to or subtract from your 'reputation' based on if they agree or disagree with your post, plus the option to add a comment. I have no qualms about using this feature and I use it frequently to amuse myself.

If I very much agree with what someone is saying, if they have amused me, or I like what they are contributing to discussion then I add to their reputation. Transversely if I disagree to a large extent with what they are saying, or feel that they are displaying a bad attitude then I will tend to 'smite' them.

I hope that helps to clear things up!

PS. On a philosophical level: If you allow such trivial things bother you then perhaps you deserve to be bothered by it? I think having the right attitude on things is pretty important.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:03 pm »

Is there no limit to the unfathomable depths of Troy's self-absorption?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:12 pm »

I think both of you should rather work together than fighting those little internal struggles all the time which lead to nothing but frustration. show some impartiality and respect for each other. everybody has a different personality, but there´s nothing to fight about here, nothing serious happens here. we all love a video game called goldeneye, work on a mod and should cooperate. this damn little fights and unprofessional or cynic attitudes just waste important time and forum space. instead create more room for laughter, fun and creativity
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:50:32 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:51 pm »

One bug I won't be fixing

Also, don't attach my name to something I didn't say, that's how you get more negative rep

Anyone with half a brain would realize I just made that conversation up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:30:04 pm by Troy »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:03 am »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 07:40:24 am »

Except neither of us look like Boris.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 02:47:49 pm »

Except neither of us look like Boris.

Are you implying that one of you looks like Ourumov?

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »

I didn't know that you could see reputation that was given to you. All I see is all the reps I have given to others. Maybe I'm just a despicable, horrible, vile, wretched, worthless, unworthy person that gets no rep.

Meh, fuck em.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up