GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:10:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z World Detroit, a Zombie Apocalypse Theme Park  (Read 5876 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Z World Detroit, a Zombie Apocalypse Theme Park
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:54:40 am »

http://www.indiegogo.com/zworlddetroit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFphEN8bE0&feature=player_embedded

Allow the players use soft shotguns or pistols, so they can shoot at the zombies.

This is so cool!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Z World Detroit, a Zombie Apocalypse Theme Park
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »

When I loved in Michigan the nightly news showcased neighborhoods being bulldozed. Some of the concerns of the demolition were: asbestos, termites, mold, drug factories (think meth), needles, etc etc

So, in order for this to be legit they'd have to make a sizable investment in cleaning up and stabilizing these abandon buildings. I think they are too naive to really understand the problem.

It would be cheaper and safer to let the city bulldoze the properties then make purpose built set pieces for the zombie apocalypse.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:52 pm »

I agree above what you said. They can use simple steel beams and a freaking plywood board to make a building. You dont need it to be too fancy.

Perhaps we should let them know.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »

It's a cool concept but KM is right, it's very naive.

Abandonned buildings can be structurally sound and safe, but left unmaintained for so long, it's completely unpredictable how they would have faired.

The cost alone of having so many buildings structurally evaluated just makes this completely unfeasible, unfortunately. $145k would get the project nowhere. All the buildings in a proposed area would have to be evaluated before the area was purchased. The cost of maintaining a safe environment would also be ridiculously high that it could compromise any sort of profit margin.

The only feasible way this could really get off the ground is if they started with just one large building, a factory or something of the like that was structurally sound, convert that into some kind of airsoft arena, and then if successful, eventually expand further, buying up pieces of land and more buildings as they went along. It would still be pretty abysmal as far as 'business' sense goes.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:04 pm »

A building falling on me just adds to the atmosphere. I'd do this in a second. What would be awesome is to get military training gear. Fire blanks and have the laser suits on. That would make it super hectic.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:41:42 pm »

Some (most) parts of Detroit are already in a zombie apocalypse state. Just saying.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:30:14 am »

Some (most) parts of Detroit are already in a zombie apocalypse state. Just saying.

I think that's why they picked Detroit. They don't have to actually hire people to build a theme park because it's already the way it needs to look. They aren't trying to make jobs for the many MANY unemployed citizens of Detroit. That would just be silly. :rolleyes:
Pages: [1]   Go Up