GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:35:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report: GameStop is One of the Worst Places to Work in America  (Read 5317 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!

http://kotaku.com/5934095/report-gamestop-is-one-of-the-worst-places-to-work-in-america

Not surprised here. They keep getting on your nerves. 

Did anyone visit GameCrazy when they were opened? They had retro games and current games.

Not sure what was the reason they closed.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: Report: GameStop is One of the Worst Places to Work in America
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:01 pm »

I can't believe that!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:42:22 am »

Brick and mortar stores are dead in the water. They're for clueless parents and kids without credit cards cards. Just can't compete with online stores and digital distribution.

They deserve it too.

Plus it's better for the environment!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:55:14 am »

I figured as much. I can't say I'm all too surprised. To be honest, I think that the pre-ordering aspect of the gaming market is the absolute worst because it's led to "Hey pre-order this game here and you'll get exclusive things that you won't get anywhere else!"

It's those little exclusivity deals that I can't stand. Promising in-game items just for reserving a copy of a game just feels wrong. A lot of times with, say, CoD titles and BF3 they promise weapons which give advantages over people who just walk into a store to buy it.

I remember when you reserved a copy of a game so that you made sure you got a copy in case it sold out. In this day and age, I don't think that's going to be a problem software-wise. So what's the point of even having it now?
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:18:15 am »

"Power to the players."
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1]   Go Up