GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:03:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Game is currently unavailable. Please try again later"  (Read 10387 times)

Crimson Viper

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Crimson Viper has no influence.
"Game is currently unavailable. Please try again later"
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:09:31 am »

hI have done everything I've seen on this forum as well as Steam's advice for this error message, but I still am getting the "Game is currently unavailable - please try again later" message after trying to launch GE: Source.

-I DO have a source game (Left 4 Dead 2, GMOD)
-I have deleted the ClientRegistry.blob file and restarted/updated Steam numerous times
-I did the desktop shortcut trick, but no luck
-I have updated C++ and all the other suggested stuff
-I have tried everything I've been able to find online

PLEASE HELP!!!!  Goldeneye was one of my favorite N64 games, and I really, really want to play GE: Source.

:-D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: "Game is currently unavailable. Please try again later"
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:02:42 am »

Might sound stupid, But have you tried rebooting your PC? Usually worked for me when I had this issue.

Crimson Viper

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:04:53 am »

Might sound stupid, But have you tried rebooting your PC? Usually worked for me when I had this issue.

Yes, I did try that, but got the same result.  Maybe I need to re-download the game file or something...idk.  Very frustrating...

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:20 am »

I doubt this will fix it, Since this error is Steam related. v4.1 has been acting funny with the server list ever since yesterday too, So it might interfere, But you can always give it a try.
Have you tried launching a different Source mod?

Crimson Viper

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:27:18 am »

I doubt this will fix it, Since this error is Steam related. v4.1 has been acting funny with the server list ever since yesterday too, So it might interfere, But you can always give it a try.
Have you tried launching a different Source mod?

I don't think so, except G-mod (if that counts.) 

Crimson Viper

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:54 pm »

Ok, I tried downloading the FULL installer from a mirror site, re-installed it, re-started STEAM, and I am STILL getting the same error message. 

PLEASE help!!!!!!!  Do I have to have Half-Life 2 to run it?  I thought any source-engine game would suffice.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »

I had this issue once with portal 2 and also HL2EP2.
The reason was an unfinished update i had to download completly before beeing allowed to start the game.
Make sure non of your games are currently updating or have a paused update or something.
Especially Source SDK 2007.

Maybe a reinstall or even just defragmenting the cach of these games might help.

Crimson Viper

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »

I had this issue once with portal 2 and also HL2EP2.
The reason was an unfinished update i had to download completly before beeing allowed to start the game.
Make sure non of your games are currently updating or have a paused update or something.
Especially Source SDK 2007.

Maybe a reinstall or even just defragmenting the cach of these games might help.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case.  I don't have HL2 but I do have L4D2 and GMOD, so I should have Source SDK 2007, right?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »

Unfortunately, that isn't the case.  I don't have HL2 but I do have L4D2 and GMOD, so I should have Source SDK 2007, right?

The SDK 2007 is free so yes, you should have it available to install, if you haven't installed it already. This is the important part. If you don't have the SDK Base 2007 installed (it's a part of the SDK 2007), GES won't work. This seems to be your problem.

Crimson Viper

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »

The SDK 2007 is free so yes, you should have it available to install, if you haven't installed it already. This is the important part. If you don't have the SDK Base 2007 installed (it's a part of the SDK 2007), GES won't work. This seems to be your problem.

Ok, I didn't realize that I had to download SDK 2007 separately, and when I checked the TOOLS library section in my Steam interface, it did say that it was paused updating.  I deleted local content on it, and now I'm re-downloading it.  Hopefully this will work.  Screencap here: 

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »

Ok, I didn't realize that I had to download SDK 2007 separately, and when I checked the TOOLS library section in my Steam interface, it did say that it was paused updating.  I deleted local content on it, and now I'm re-downloading it.  Hopefully this will work.  Screencap here: 

That should do it. Have fun in the game :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up