GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:01:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever tried this?  (Read 4802 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Anyone ever tried this?
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

As the title say's, any of you ever tried this?

http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

I've yet to find an emulator that can properly run Goldeneye 64, so far none run it good enough for me to even try this, or am I missing something? Is there a way to run it perfectly on PC?

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
Re: Anyone ever tried this?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:46 pm »

It is very possible to get it to run perfectly, if you have a fast enough internet connection.

But online GE.. is the best experience you could ever have with the game.
If you ever plan on trying online out then you have to use mupen64 beta, it works the best.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:00:25 pm »

Just tried everything off this site to have a go at single player, and still not worth playing, it's jerky and in certain areas the fps drops considerably, not to mention the splits between textures and the being able to see through walls when you walk next to them. I'm thinking that possibly the multiplayer runs better than the single player then? To be honest, if I wanted to play multiplayer I would rather play Goldeneye Source, but I'm waiting for v4.2, haven't played for a while so it will make the experience all the better.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »

Before I played GES my friends and I used to play this every weekend while chatting over Skype.

It takes a LOT of work to make it work correctly. It was maybe a month before we got our first lag/glitch/desync free match. You have to make all your emulator setting identical, have the exact same ROM file with matching CRC/MD5 etc. You pretty much can't do it with random people, you have to have some patient friends. But it was cool once we got it working and played our ROMs atched to have maps like Citadel, Statue, and Cradle in multiplayer.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: [1]   Go Up