GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 05:26:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Putting Names To Maps  (Read 5294 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Putting Names To Maps
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:57:50 am »

I need some help from you guy's, I'm currently creating video tours of the Goldeneye Source maps to advertise on my YouTube channel, and I want to mention names in the descriptions, but I can't find out the creators of all of them, here's the list:-

Silo (Original & Touched up) (I think it was Luchador that touched it up, but I want to be sure)
Complex
Facility
Facility Backzone
Archives (Original & Frontzone)
Cradle
Egyptian
Library
Runway
Temple Classic

It would be great to be able to put the names to the maps for the Channel, any help is much appreciated, thank you.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Putting Names To Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:13:34 pm »

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Maps

Some of its a little outdated. Doesn't list mappers who later touched up the maps, but original designers.

I did the Beta3 Cradle touch-up. I believe SSL and Luch did the complex touch-up. Luch did the 4.1 Fac_classic revamp. Caves again I believe was touched up by luch for 4.1.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:24:21 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »

That's awesome, would it be OK to use some of the text from these in my descriptions as well?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »

Some need some work, but yeah go ahead and use them. There accurate enough for government work.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »

Thanks a lot for your help.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »

Grid has been in development for a while, has it always been by Sess1on? Or did someone else start it off?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »

AFAIK, this version of grid was completly done by Sess1on.
Other versions of that map floating arround here have been unrelated to this map.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 06:00:29 pm »

Thanks Kraid.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:33:31 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »

Just uploaded your version of Bunker Kraid.

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 04:11:12 am »

So what are you planning on doing with these? Promote them on Reddit.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 10:39:44 am »

Just checked what Reddit is, didn't know before. No, I'm just uploading them to my channel that's all.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:53:43 am »

CCSaint10 emailed me on YouTube to correct me on names. I need all map Designers to check the vids and let me know if your name should be on them, I'm a strong believer in "Credit Where It's Due".

http://www.youtube.com/user/markpeterjameslegg?feature=mhee

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 11:54:41 am »

Watched them all on phone while in bed. Videos are looking great.

Not sure if anyone wants to call the work on latest complex update. Was a lot of people on it haha.

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:00 pm »

Well with your permission I may use them to promote the mod on Reddit, once you're finished with the project. And of course I'd run the post by the dev's before submitting it, to make sure it's the quality they'd want associated with GES.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:09:40 pm by Sam Colt »
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »

Up to you, see what the devs say, maybe they don't want to be on Reddit.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up