GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:26:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy thanksgiving!  (Read 9707 times)

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
Happy thanksgiving!
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »

I have a very personal story for all of you. Something that happened to me last night. My life is forever changed.

I've been in chronic pain my entire life. MY shoulders and wrists have been dislocated since I was a kid. I'm guessing I fell and torqued my arms weird a very long time ago.

The upper half of my chest was sort of inverted, with my rips pushing into my lungs and stomach. My shoulder blades were hanging out in my armpits. Backrubs were always my favorite thing in the world; makes sense. But how the hell is it that no one said anything up to this point? I had no idea my back looked like such a mess. I also thought my horrible posture was a result of my constant nerding out. I'm sure it didn't help.

I studied my body for a day, feeling the tendons and bones to understand how it works. If I know how it works, I know how to fix it, right? I'm an engineer after all. After about 6 hours of laying in my bed feeling myself, I figured out a way to twist and turn my body to get my shoulder blades back up where they were supposed to be. In doing so I, no shit, flipped my top two ribs. Suddenly there was a huge weight  taken off my chest. I was unable to move for a few minutes as I was overcome with new sensations. My ligaments were finally in their proper place. Muscles were appropriately being used. I never fully realized that in the past I've been voiding certain angles in my shoulder because I knew it would be painful. I wouldn't sleep in certain positions because they made my ribs hurt. I had restless leg syndrome. To me, this was all normal. I've had it all my life.

Sorry for anyone I've pissed off on the team over the last few years. I always had good intentions :)... I just had the worst cramps of my life all the time without even knowing... kind of a downer on the mood.

No wonder I've always been terrible at sex.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Happy thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »

No wonder I've always been terrible at sex.

Busted. After all these years.

Happy thanksgiving!

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 12:05:38 am »

happy thanks giving...i hope you get better soon Bass

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:31:18 am »

What the... ?
You seriously mean you 'fixed' yourself right there on the spot? oO As Rick already stated... I hope you get better soon and didn't do anything wrong. (perhaps let a doctor check to make sure you're alright?)

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

I already had an appointment set with the doc for monday. I just happen to diagnose and cure myself in the meantime. I'm pretty daring like that.

You know those contortionists that fit themselves into a really small box? That's basically what I had to do to get my shoulder blades back where they should be.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 01:19:42 am »

Jesus Christ.. That's insane that you could fix yourself like that! Still go to the doctor though to make sure you didn't pop/twist anything too far or something. Need to stay healthy for moar secks, ya dig? ;-)

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

Perfect example of how structure and function are interrelated.  There are physicians that specialize in musculoskeletal issues such as what you cured called Physiatrists.  Unless that's who you'll be seeing this Monday.  If not, try getting a referral if you feel a need and things get worse again.  Maybe they can lift a couple of more "weights" you never even knew to be carrying since you've felt this way almost your entire life.

terps4life90

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 04:12:35 am »

I hope you get better Bass :D.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 04:46:55 am »

Wow, that's pretty incredible, I can't imagine being stuck like that for my whole life then what it would feel like to suddenly fix it...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 11:26:09 am »

I found out I have abs! My rib cage was covering them. I'm also pretty sure I just grew an inch or two.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 06:50:21 pm »

You should post before/after pics haha
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:55:34 pm »

Your rib cage was covering your abs?! That's amazing!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 11:57:34 pm »

Check if you've had dormant super powers.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1]   Go Up