GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:09:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Thoughts  (Read 2888 times)

JOHNRKO007

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JOHNRKO007 has no influence.
Personal Thoughts
« on: November 02, 2011, 04:18:04 am »

What is there to say.........

All the levels are beautifully recreated, can easily compare them to their N64 counterparts. The game's sound track is bada$$.
The ability to use controllers gives players a feeling as if they were playing this on their console.
The game overall shows exceptional promise, this could be easily mistaken for a retail mulitplayer only game.
I haves some negative thought though.

I played a few rounds online and were very competitive, of course i lost almost everyone except team modes.
There were times where I knew i got a head shot on them and they barley flinched.
I get killed by a player and end up re-spawning next to them getting killed not even a second later.

Maybe I just suck that bad at online FPS's, could be computer lagging due to crappy graphics cars, could be not good enought internet connection.
One the new update is released and support for ai bots are accessible, I can use them to become better at the game and figure out good strategies.

Then again it would be alot more fun playing with people you know.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:28:50 am by JOHNRKO007 »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Personal Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:37:54 am »

I get killed by a player and end up re-spawning next to them getting killed not even a second later.

That bug will be fixed in the next version, If I'm correct.
Glad you like the mod though! Its quite hard to go multiplayer when you're a beginner, For most people, Just don't give up.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Personal Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:54:46 am »

Thanks for the kinda praise. Yes the spawn system is in the middle of a overhaul, so those bugs are being fixed.

GE:S is a difficult game to pick up and be super good at. Takes some time to learn the quirks that were in the original game and we implemented. But we are implementing a lot of new features to help the beginner, without removing the core of the game were re-creating.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:14:05 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up