GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:41:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Trent's Bio and Reflection  (Read 45861 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: Trent's Bio and Reflection
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 04:06:42 pm »

That's a hell of an accomplishment for being 24, Trent. This, along with your other posting, is really inspiring and a great read. And If your life has been like this so far, I can't imagine where you'll end up with all of your electronic and musical knowledge.

Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:20 pm »

I wanted to share another awesome thing that happened last night. I got a last minute call to throw a surprise birthday party for JuJu. While it was going off, I asked him to listen to my most recent track for this very game. We were in his studio at the time checking out some of his new house music. There was a group of maybe 10 people hanging out on the couches lining the walls of the room, having a conversation of their own. We put on the new GoldenEye theme and chatted while it played in the background, but he suddenly lost focus of what he was saying and interjected "wow, this bassline is... fucking awesome." A girl from the couch yelled out "hey, I like this!"

I think I just recruited Juju.

Later in the night I ended up with a playboy bunny and my best friend in the car. What a night. I decided to be the most epic bro ever and wingmanned it for him. Took them to an exclusive, members only afterhours club on the house, drinks included. These are the kinds of powers I've gained by constantly giving and giving. People give back.

Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I've ever paid for a drink. Anywhere.

I also added a final conclusion to the bio that I encourage everyone to read.

Edit: I actually added a whole new section covering my role as lead engineer of the Solar Decathlon. Can't believe I never talked about that.

Can someone sticky this? Idk how. From now on I'm going to use this topic for any random ramblings I feel like making public in the future. I also want to keep it up for questions and whatnot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:07:02 pm by basstronix »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:29 pm »

I'd think you'd be able to make things with with ease...

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 10:04:57 pm »

Epic. Good times.

Wow, My bio is 10 pages without pictures and videos.

Sorry for making you guys read so much lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:20:21 pm by basstronix »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 04:13:13 pm »

Hey, how much would it be for one of those LED doodad strips in the second video? Probably out of my price range, but I'm curious regardless.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 03:11:54 am »

A 5 meter reel of RGB LEDs typically costs around $40 if you get it from a Chinese wholesaler. They usually come with a control box and power supply too. I just like to make my own control boxes... because I can.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 03:21:51 am »

So I just brought another musician onto trial. He's a DJ/Producer at a club I work for. He's into minimal tek-house, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. He'll probably murder it and be our fourth official musician. We'll likely find out by our next media release... hehe.

Here's a recorded stream of the club with him DJing. Note that this club is rated #60 in the world (http://www.djmag.com/top100clubs/?op=detail&start=&page=6&year=2011&id=360)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18207302
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:23:45 am by basstronix »

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 04:48:26 am »

But then you need an arduino, transistors, and some other things. I was trying to replicate the same thing in the 2nd video. It ended up being a $96 project including shipping. I just didn't know the whole put it together/soldering part  :-X

EDIT: Here's the link to the doc I made for all the materials. Trent, please correct me if I'm wrong with any of it. (This is from when we talked about it in steam months ago)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Opt0FxBXSiGKckODFw-WdA2br9BQddiKzWLD0swZ5go/edit
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:51:11 am by mbsurfer »

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 04:55:07 am »

That list is spot on. How to use the arduino... well, I'll leave that up to you all to figure out, it's not hard :p

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 04:57:55 am »

How to use the arduino... well, I'll leave that up to you all to figure out, it's not hard :p

I understand the arduino pretty well. The code, loading it, and all that good stuff. Just the wiring, I'm clueless.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 05:17:15 am »

60?  I expected better :p
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 12:56:21 am »

That list is spot on. How to use the arduino... well, I'll leave that up to you all to figure out, it's not hard :p

Perhaps I'll learn a bit about it and see what I can come up with. I have no experience in coding, or electrical endeavors, however. At any rate, I'm not going to get anywhere until I get a job.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 04:04:17 am »

all you need to know: use the PWM pins (of which there are 9) and FETs to switch from low to high voltage. You'll probably want to use Processing to send FFT information to the arduino to pulse the FETs.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 05:32:59 am »

Would using a would using a ULN2003 be more efficient than using 3 separate transistors like the one in this blog post:
http://genericnerd.blogspot.com/2009/05/arduino-mood-light-controller.html

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:49:00 am »

That chip would fry as soon as you turned your light on. These strips pull a lot of current. That's only rated for 500mA. That's about 5 feet of RGB LED tape. For small scale, yeah that chip is awesome. I'll go ahead and buy some :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up