GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 10:23:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customising Bots?  (Read 6715 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Customising Bots?
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:43:50 pm »

i know its a bit early to say but will players get a chance to customise the bots (like choose which player model) that they can wear and such?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Customising Bots?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:31:00 pm »

Most likely, I'm pretty sure the bots will be named Ex: Boris1 Boris2 Bond1 Bond2 and you'll simply type in the console bot_add_boris etc.
But I can't give a precise answer as I am not on the developers team, But, That's my guess.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:17:42 am »

Hahahahahahahaahaaha

Sorry for laughing at you, but the skin on the bot is the easiest thing to make customizable. :-)

This week I am focusing on giving the bots a memory.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:50:56 am »

Can we make the bots stupider? I hate getting owned.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 06:32:20 am »

The bots i'm convinced were modeled off VC. Only there fallibility is attributed to him a)while drink, b)getting blown, and c)having a sabre fight with darth maul, all simultaneous to playing.

The point is it's still VC at the core.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:31:43 am »

This week I am focusing on giving the bots a memory.

So they'll be as resentful and keep hunting you down over everyone else if you just kill them once?  Unless you meant something like this:
 :angel:

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:27:33 pm »

Haha yes actually more like Dora the explorer. They will remember ammo armor and weapon spawns that they come across so they can find them again easily if they need said item. They will also remember you, but i haven't gotten far enough to put emotions on those memories.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »

They will also remember you, but i haven't gotten far enough to put emotions on those memories.

KM, you're the only person I'd rely on to program an ingame bot how to love.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 07:46:22 am »

The point is it's still VC at the core.

The funny thing about this statement is the illusion that VC is really good. lol There are far better players than him, he was good in 3.1 days. Not anymore.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 06:57:46 pm »

Is there a way to program them to be dynamic, so that the better you play the better they play?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 08:29:21 pm »

You could basically have them look at the scoreboard and ramp up their difficulty adjusting to what they - that'd be the easiest variant. You could also have them count your shots towards them and how many you need per kill so they can adjust their accuracy accordingly to match or surpass yours.

JOHNRKO007

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JOHNRKO007 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:51:18 pm »

dynamic bots would be an interesting thing to have in a game like this

im trying to figure out how to put bots into my maps

I create a match, activate console commands use "bot_add" does not work try changing it around "add_bot" "botadd" etc

i cannot find a readme file to see if it has a command list or something

can anyone help?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

Bots aren't released yet buddy. They will be in the next release.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

terps4life90

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 09:13:07 pm »

The customizing of bots should be in the multiplayer screen instead of dumb commands, like for example:

Map:

Weapon set:

Kill Count:

Time Limit:

Number Of A.I:

A.I Difficulty:

:D It would just make it so much easier.

JOHNRKO007

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JOHNRKO007 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »

Bots aren't released yet buddy. They will be in the next release.

damn..... well at least I know they will be there soon, it would make the game fun for when your not playing on someone's server or brushing up on your skills.

terps makes a good point, but one thing at a time first.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 12:44:28 am »

The customizing of bots should be in the multiplayer screen instead of dumb commands, like for example:

Map:

Weapon set:

Kill Count:

Time Limit:

Number Of A.I:

A.I Difficulty:

:D It would just make it so much easier.

And my Droid X should print me money. It would make it so much easier!

In all seriousness, the "create a game" menu might receive a customization now that I have learned to hack the Valve VGUI system. Read that as "drop down menus for gameplay and weaponsets!!!!!!"

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:00:54 am »

And my Droid X should print me money. It would make it so much easier!

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:31 am »

I never understood why Valve wouldn't allow their VGUI system to be more leanient. Are they afraid for some mod to come along and show them up?? *COUGH COUGH* Just leave it to KM for that ;-)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up