GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 11:43:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: retail sucks  (Read 8574 times)

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
Re: retail sucks
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 05:32:46 pm »

I hate working in restaurants.

If you don't tip 15+% to good service, you can GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Yours truly,
Mbsurfer

That will depend on the number times you offer to refill my coffee

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 04:48:18 am »

**Good** service  ;)

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 09:26:31 pm »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: service sucks
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 10:22:33 pm »

Six is my new benchmark. ^
Regardless I always do. Sums vary, and to hell with percents.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 05:09:25 am »

There should be a generic service charge/gratuity for ALL guests. Not just parties of 6 or more. It's not fair on the workers or the guests to rely on how generous the guest is feeling. If the guest feels like the server did an exceptionally well job then they can feel free to tip on top of the gratuity, if not, then so be it.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:51 pm »

they could also just pay service staff more?  i've heard that they make less than minimum wage?

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 11:37:57 pm »

they could also just pay service staff more?  i've heard that they make less than minimum wage?

If you work for less than minimum wage, you only have your stupidity to blame.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:24 pm »

I work at $2.13 per hour. But my paychecks usually have big red letters on them that say "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" because tips are taxed (thanks 'merica) and I make enough in tips to completely cancel out my paychecks.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »

I work at $2.13 per hour.

Good god, That's impossible! The minimum wage in Canada is $9.65/Hour.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »

There is a difference between minimum wage and waiting/server wages. If you are waiting tables, they don't pay you minimum wage because they know you will make up for it in tips (most of the time). If you don't make up for it, they are required by law to pay you at least minimum wage. However, some states in the US actually pay minimum wage PLUS tips, like Montana. It is sweet. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:54 pm »

Yeah state by state. Oregon is like Montana :)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 11:15:56 pm »

In the UK everyone gets minimum wage, all tips are extra and untaxed. If you get less than minimum wage you take them to an employment tribunal and sue their asses.

I dont see how minimum wage can be called minimum wage if you are legally allowed to pay someone less.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: service sucks
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 01:53:29 am »

In the UK everyone gets minimum wage, all tips are extra and untaxed. If you get less than minimum wage you take them to an employment tribunal and sue their asses.
Simple and sensical.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 02:56:23 am »

GOOD GOD.  I've been working 7 years and make less than that with raises.  :( :o :'(

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:17 am »

Yeah, but what's that after the conversion to US? Nevermind, that's about $9.75 USD after it converts. I was hoping to have some sort of valid point here, but I thought I'd share it regardless.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up