GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:28:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Aiming Accuracy  (Read 10451 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Aiming Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »

Cool, cheers for the info. And Flash2011, don't ruin it for everyone else OK.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »

aimmode in midair
...which is an oversight that needs to be resolved.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 10:41:58 pm »

I can't stand the hoppers, they get on my tits. Besides, it looks ruddy ridiculous when everybody's jumping up and down, it looks more like a piss take than a remake.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 11:02:19 pm »

Yeah, jumping/hopping sure do look odd in GES. But its one of those things that add so many new elements to gameplay(specially maps) that it sort of has to be there. But servers can turn it off, and we try to design maps where they work when jumping is turned off.

Bunny hopping is drastically lowered in GE:S compared to other games, since we have the jump timer. Buttill a more effective solution is drawn up, it will do for now.

But I agree, I hate jumpers. VC, and KM will hopefully soon fix that little issue.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:25 am »

E-S will be upset, not that I care

Flash2011

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flash2011 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 05:03:31 am »

Why is there jumping at all? I like it and all, but what is the reason for it? There's really not many things to jump over.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 05:22:56 am »

Because it just is..   But we did make it a server option.  On the other hand we also designed the levels to be accessible the same way if jump is off.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 05:25:47 am »

I personally like to be able to jump over rails and stuff. I don't know if it would make a difference, but you could have it off as a default. Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do besides disable it.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:58 am »

Why is there jumping at all? I like it and all, but what is the reason for it? There's really not many things to jump over.

Jumping is simply one harmless (without over the top exploiting players who could be more honorable...) modernizing aspect we decided to keep that comes standard when making a mod on source. It's purpose would be best described as "it's natural and expected to jump these days in games" and is only implemented to be used on the modern version of the maps as they are often built with railings/ledges to jump over for short cuts.

For instance in control you'll notice there are many railings which without jump you would have to walk along a catwalk and down a ramp inside the railing - a long way basically, and it'd feel so restrictive..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:32:19 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 05:32:33 am »

We could do something silly like have a "active jump trigger" so if you walk into that area jump is enabled.  So that could be placed near railings or things you might want to player to jump on.

But its silly and would confuse people, we would have to add one of those trigger icons for stupid games where you can take cover.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Flash2011

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flash2011 has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 06:14:15 am »

Why are their some walkways you can't walk off and some you can? In complex you can run off the ramps, but you can walk off the catwalks to your death.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:53 am »

I think you should be able to walk off edges as well, It seems to be the classic maps that prevents you, can be frustrating sometimes.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:32 am »

Yeah classic maps don't allow you to walk off edges. A sort of no jump classic feel. Makes you plan your route like the original GE007.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 01:51:40 pm »

Why are their some walkways you can't walk off and some you can? In complex you can run off the ramps, but you can walk off the catwalks to your death.

Classic maps?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:45 pm »

Don't remind me.

* VC still hasn't made that promised Hammer-compatible tool.
* VC still can't get over perfectionism enough to finish software projects.
* VC still full of shit when it come to converting great ideas into practical products.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up