GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 10:27:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to deinstall GoldenEye from the programs and functions directory?  (Read 9421 times)

marv-o-man

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • marv-o-man has no influence.

when i access program and functions via start->system control->programs and functions i can't deinstall GoldenEye. windows 7 tells me that i dont have the rights and need to check with the system administrator. but i am logged on as administrator.
what can i do? help is appreciated, thx. ??? ??? ???

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

There is a Goldeneye Source_uninstall.exe in your Steam/steamapps/sourcemods folder which you can use for uninstallation.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.

It's because of a faulty string that made it in, refering to http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,5650.msg60561.html#msg60561 :

After using the 4.1 installer, I found that you could not uninstall the program from Add/Remove.

Invalid registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoldenEye: Source]
"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\sourcemods\\GoldenEye: Source_Uninstall.exe"

Fixed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoldenEye: Source]
"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\sourcemods\\GoldenEye Source_Uninstall.exe"

As you see it's all because of the tiny but important ":" in the path to the uninstaller. Yet the proposed solution should work as well without having to bother using the registry editor.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Just delete the gesource directory

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!

Why are you uninstalling?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!

Why are you uninstalling?

I guess "No single-player".

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.

PSHH, it is on your computer FOREVARRRRR

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!

PSHH, it is on your computer FOREVARRRRR

It's permanently installed, why wouldn't it be?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent

It's permanently installed, why wouldn't it be?

So we're going for the Apple policy here? :p

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent

So we're going for the Apple policy here? :p

Eh!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: How to deinstall GoldenEye from the programs and functions directory?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »

Eh!

I knew Canadians weren't the only ones that say that. :D

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 03:37:41 am »

;)

marv-o-man

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:18 am »

thanks for all the help so far, but nothing worked because i do not have a Goldeneye Source_uninstall.exe and also no Steam/steamapps/sourcemods folder (at least i could not find it). i also have no clue how to fix the registry entry.
i'd appreciate any further help. cheers

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »

So, if you installed GE: S via installer, just go into your Steam folder.
There you should find the following folders "steamapps/sourcemods"
In this sourcemods folder there is your goldeneye mod folder as well as GoldenEye Source_Uninstall.exe file. Run it.

Second solution:
Hit your Windows key on your keyboard to bring up the Windows start menu. If you're running Windows 7 you can type the following in the search field, else use the run command from the menu (it's possible you have to enable it if isn't listed) and type it: "regedit" without " of course.

How to bring up the run command in the start menu if it isn't listed: right click on you taskbar and click properties. Chose the start menu tab and customize. Check the box for the run command to be shown, click ok or apply.

Once you're in the registry editor be careful to not touch anything (deleting/editing) of which you have no idea what it does.
Its layout is simple: just like the folder structure you're familiar with, you can navigate through it. Make your way to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GoldenEye: Source.
In the right window you'll see the uninstall information Windows stores for this programm. Right click on the "UninstallString" and select Edit.  Delete the ":" from the String and click OK. Now uninstalling via Installed Programmes should work for you. (This just tells Windows the path to the uninstaller file on your disk, if you moved you Steam folder since then be sure to enter the correct path then)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:19:53 pm by coolDisguise »

marv-o-man

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:29 pm »

ha! it worked. thx everyone for the help, esp. coolDisguise.
cheers!!! :) :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up