GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:07:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Uplink Coming Soon!  (Read 5354 times)

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
[Gameplay] Uplink Coming Soon!
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:30:15 pm »

Just a little preview of my newest gameplay, Uplink! The gameplay is pretty much done code-wise and I'll have an open beta soon. We played it for a few hours last night with no problems. For those of you who remember, Uplink was a mode in a few previous Bond games (TWINE, Nightfire). This gameplay is sort of a GE:S re-imagining of those modes.

At the start of the round, a number of flags will spawn around the map. Each flag marks one Capture Point. When a player touches the flag, a bar will come up showing the time until they take that Control Point. After taking a Control Point, the radar icon changes to that teams color and the Control Point starts generating points for the team every few seconds. A team can "steal" that point by capturing it from the other team. If both teams are on the same Control Point, the Control Point is "contested" and neither team can capture the Control Point. Currently the gameplay is teamplay-only due to possibly unfixable limitations in the radar system.

There are some features that may be added through server plugins or GE:S updates. I know it's been a while since the last GE:S news update, so hopefully if you guys like this enough it'll tide you over : )

Note: Here is a of Uplink gameplay from The World Is Not Enough

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: [Gameplay] Uplink Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

I'm amazed yet again, Euph! I've always liked this type of game (mainly from Star Wars Battlefront), and I can't wait to try it out for GoldenEye: Source. Awesome job, keep it up!
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »

Had a lot of fun playing this last night. Excellent work!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 06:47:53 pm »

Oh my god, The nostalgia!
Thanks man, This is going to be lots of fun.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

Sounds fun, can't wait to give it a go.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:28 pm »

Two Suggestions:

1.) is it possible to change the flags into laptop computers?
mainly due to TWINE and Perfect Dark which had laptops in their uplink games

2.) can you change the name of Uplink to Tommorow Never Dies (well i thought that additional gamemodes should have bond names...eg: Gungame became OHMSS)

but from the footage i have seen this gamemode looks fantastic

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »

Protip: Only name game modes after a Bond movie if there is something in it that can actually tie it to the movie title or the movie itself.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 11:54:48 pm »

Decided to close this thread since the gameplay has been released here:
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,6191.0.html

As for your questions:

I chose flags after previously using briefcases since flags were much more visible at longer ranges and also could not be moved by firing at them (their bases are stuck into the ground). If the gameplay ever goes official, there would be more an option of using a different model (since using custom models for custom gameplays is a nightmare). Anyways, I'll probably brainstorm ideas.

As for the name, I needed something on the shorter side (since it needed to fit inside the gameplay description filter on the server browser) and that also would easily identify the gameplay. Tomorrow Never Dies is a little long and really doesn't describe the gamemode. Also, OHMSS isn't a gungame replacement, it's an entirely new gameplay

So basically they'll probably stay the way they are : )
Pages: [1]   Go Up