GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 11:47:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin Questions  (Read 6926 times)

keithdok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keithdok has no influence.
Plugin Questions
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:55 am »

Hi. I just started my first server today. I know some people feel like anti-camping plugins are against the tradition of Goldeneye but I'd like to at least try one out. I've tried this one but despite having seemingly installed it (and sourcemod) correctly, the plugin never loads. Sourcemod loads fine. The other plugins I've installed load fine.

SOLVED: I would also like to install a chat filter. Personally, I don't care about cursing and trash talk, but I hate racism and homophobia. I'd like a filter to replace words like "f*g" with "gorgeous", "c*nt" with "lovely lady", and "n**ga" with "I'm a racist piece of sh*t". Things like that. I've tried this one, again, without much success.

Earthworm Jimbo pointed me to this Chat filter plugin and it works perfectly (and hilariously).  ;D

Any other ideas?

P.S. Has anyone yet found a fix for the issue of servers not showing up in the public server list unless there's at least one person spectating/playing?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:52:35 pm by keithdok »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Chat Filter and Anticamp Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:25:50 am »

No ideas, but I wish good luck to those players trying to get the "Octopussy" and "That's My Little Octopussy" achievements on your server in case you get those plugins working. ;-)

keithdok

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:54:01 pm »

It's really more the "f*g" and n-word that I'd like to block. Also, don't want to kick, ban, or mute people. Would just like to censor/replace those few words with silly alternatives.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:07:46 pm by keithdok »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »

Exactly how are we supposed to engage in comraderie if we're not allowed to insinuate that our playmates are bundles of sticks of African descent?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 08:19:17 pm »

bundles of sticks of African descent?

I refrain from thebundles of sticks, its a cigarette for me... A cigarette of African descent; also known as a cigar.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

I know there are servers with chat filters. Maybe a head admin of WNx or other servers can shed some light for you. I'm not home this weekend so I cannot effectively test any systems(working from phone/CR-48).

I've never tried/looked into a no camp plugin. Nor seen one on a server. GE:S built in anti-camp isn't the most effective system, but we cannot down a player for using strategy.

As far as the servers not showing up. This is a problem on about half the player base. We also cannot change valves server browser code, its there bug, and its hurting us. I don't remember anyone during development mentioning not being able to see our testing servers(then again, when we used the server it had people in it). So we couldn't foresee or look into a hack to fix it.

There are ways to cheat and fake players, but we don't really endorse that, so will have to research yourself.

Thanks for the work on hosting a server. If no one is able to help you before Monday, ill be home then and I'll see if I can help you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:23:11 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

keithdok

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:07:22 pm »

Thank you! It's been really fun and the server has actually been full several times.

It's here if you want to try it. "Clockwork's License to Kill 24/7. No Voice. No Radar. Stock Maps."

I disabled voice because I believe that its only purpose in a Free-For-All game is to be obnoxious. It's not needed tactically, and I can't moderate it. 

The attitude and sense of entitlement some players have is alternately amusing and horrifying. Somebody actually told me today that I was "violating freedom of speech". LOL. I fear for our children if this is the quality of their education. People have already accused me of power tripping, of having "hurt feelings", of being ego driven, all for the "crime" of taking the time to learn how to host a server on my own PC, let them play on it, and then have the GALL to organize it the way I like it. As I said, cursing is fine. "Mod sass" is fine. Trash talk is fine. Literally the ONLY rule I enforce is to expect people not be racist, homophobic creeps. It's amazing.

Not to completely be down on people. Some people have been amazingly nice and fun. Actually, the vast majority are either friendly and wonderful or just totally quiet. :)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:40:29 pm by keithdok »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: [Solved] Chat Filter and Anticamp Plugins?
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:49:03 pm »

I'd say: your house - your rules.
Also "freedom of speech" doesn't mean the freedom to be a douchbag.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 01:06:07 am »

Recognizing that voice chat is simply another means of communication, one that does not require one to stop playing the game to talk with others, i thought disallowing it was incredibly silly.

Then i read your post again and it actually made a lot of sense as to why you decided to have it.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 01:13:28 am »

Earthworm Jimbo pointed me to this Chat filter plugin and it works perfectly (and hilariously).  ;D

I'm glad you're happy with it so far.  Should do a good job at keeping those chat trolls at bay.

Playing on your server on and off these past couple of days, I have to say you have a really nice setup which surprisingly makes for an enjoyable LTK experience.  Good work!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 01:05:06 pm »

The attitude and sense of entitlement some players have is alternately amusing and horrifying. Somebody actually told me today that I was "violating freedom of speech". LOL. I fear for our children if this is the quality of their education. People have already accused me of power tripping, of having "hurt feelings", of being ego driven, all for the "crime" of taking the time to learn how to host a server on my own PC, let them play on it, and then have the GALL to organize it the way I like it. As I said, cursing is fine. "Mod sass" is fine. Trash talk is fine. Literally the ONLY rule I enforce is to expect people not be racist, homophobic creeps. It's amazing.

The problem is these kids are "educated" by their douchebag parents who give them everything they want. They don't have to work a day in their life for anything and then when somebody with the balls to say NO comes by, its a matter of "restricting their freedoms" or "making it unfair."

I say keep up the good work, maybe we can (slightly) reverse the trend of entitled idiots around the world. They grow up to being lazy asses and government leaches anyway...

keithdok

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 06:18:16 pm »

Thanks. One other question. I've read that GE:S is supposed to have a few seconds of spawn invulnerability. I'm running a 100% License to Kill server, and I've never seen this apply to anyone. I'd really like to have 3-4 seconds of invulnerability when players spawn. How can I accomplish that?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »

As far as I know the duration of the invulnerability depends on how many people are on the server and if the person that is invulnerable shoots. If so, the invulnerability breaks.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »

The spawn invulnerability is broken in v4.1

It will be fixed in a future update, sorry.

The best thing you can do right now is modify the LTK python script to emulate the spawn invulnerability.

keithdok

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »

Another question. Is there a way to "weight" the various weaponsets so that some are more likely to occur than others?

I've also decided to allow voice for now and just mute idiots as they identify themselves.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:53:36 pm by keithdok »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Plugin Questions
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:34 am »

That would require another plug-in.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Plugin Questions
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 04:52:23 pm »

It would be easy enough to just duplicate the weaponsets you want to use more often, and maybe give them a slightly different name. Although I don't think it's a problem if two weaponsets have the same displayed name, but I expect it might be a problem if two have the same short name (e.g. "km").
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up