GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:26:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A look at Unreal Engine 3  (Read 8278 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
A look at Unreal Engine 3
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:34:07 pm »

This video demonstrates the look of the new Unreal Engine, Looks amazing.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: A look at Unreal Engine 3
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:31 am »

Holy god this makes me wish we were on UE3 rather than Source.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:33:47 am »

Well, CCSaint showed me a video about someone modified the Source Engine and made it look revolutionnary with amazing environments, I totally forgot the name though... There was a video showing the sea and nature, And another one showing an underground cavern filled with water and crystals.

Someone enlighten me and remind me what is the name of that Source mod please?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:52:07 am »

Well, CCSaint showed me a video about someone modified the Source Engine and made it look revolutionnary with amazing environments, I totally forgot the name though... There was a video showing the sea and nature, And another one showing an underground cavern filled with water and crystals.

Someone enlighten me and remind me what is the name of that Source mod please?

DEAR ESTHER
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:23 am »

THANKS MANGLEY.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:19:31 am »

Meh I don't wish we were on that tbo :P

Because I remember when I made goldeneye00 my 3D artist/coder I got said UE3 just wasnt friendly enough for modders and we went with crysis. Obviously it didnt pan but clearly source has the best resources for the majority of modders (amateur) to actually excel in.

No point being on a crazy good engine if only experts can contribute, won't make many mods :P

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 05:24:46 am »

Playability and Popularity..  that is why we are on Source.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 05:49:10 am »

Don't forget Steamworks!  That helped us get so many pl...

What?

Crap.  If only we had a programmer who could create a content distribution platform for us.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 02:38:45 am »

Crap.  If only we had a programmer who could create a content distribution platform for us.

We did until he sold out to ModDB

Most of these "advancements" are DirectX 11 plugs... lame (thank Microsoft for their awesomeness). The others are pretty generic besides the hair thing.

The SDK tools are clearly several generations better than ANYTHING Valve has released. Then again, Valve can't even document its own fucking source code so I don't expect much from those clowns.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:40:57 am by killermonkey »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 02:47:07 am »

I expect hats.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 04:59:33 am »

I expect you to die! And drop hats.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 07:42:54 pm »

We did until he sold out to ModDB

Most of these "advancements" are DirectX 11 plugs... lame (thank Microsoft for their awesomeness). The others are pretty generic besides the hair thing.

The SDK tools are clearly several generations better than ANYTHING Valve has released. Then again, Valve can't even document its own fucking source code so I don't expect much from those clowns.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 03:32:13 am »

Shouldn't we be getting paid by ModDB?  They seem to earn enough to send their coders on business trips around the world..

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 04:28:48 am »

The SDK tools are clearly several generations better than ANYTHING Valve has released.

I watched an interview recently that they said they are currently doing a lot of work on new/updates to their dev tools since their current ones are so far behind and hard to work with. Though who knows when the mod community could get it...
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 06:42:26 am »

2006 is not recent
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up