GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:13:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am simply... amazed  (Read 7984 times)

Lo-Tan

I am simply... amazed
« on: July 08, 2007, 11:54:53 pm »

I downloaded and installed Goldeneye Source, even the web site looks nicely designed as well as the Goldeneye HL2 symbol.  I then proceeded to install the beta and ran the game, loaded up facility... and then time as I know it was at a stand still.

I walked around in the level, which was breathtaking, high quality, the models were excellent, the health shows up the old way.  Wow, I couldn't believe it, someone's finally did it.  Someone has made Goldeneye for the PC.

I then loaded up caves, I wonder how good caves can look...  I got cold chills just walking around the level.  Then I loaded Control and found some remote mines and proxy mines, and I think my eyes got teary as I threw down a proximity mine and walked over it and heard it go beep beep... booom

The quality of the game was far from that of a let down, more of a nostalgic wow this looks just like it used to on the 64 but with better gfx feeling.  Wow, simply wow.

Yeah I know, I'm pathetic.  I have been a life long fan of Goldeneye for the 64 and feel that Rare is not doing it justice by not allowing it on the Wii as of yet.  I have always wanted to work on something like this, but alas I am only a developer, and never got fueled to search for people to help with the artistic end of modeling and mapping to help spur the process.  I am extremely grateful for those that did, however, and look forward to many more releases of Goldeneye and servers to play on.

I just wanted to say thanks to the GE:Source team.  I am now in <3.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:56:41 pm by Lo-Tan »

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dlt has no influence.
Re: I am simply... amazed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 01:03:19 am »

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the mod. We are also always looking for new people to help out and if you feel you have anything you could bring to the team feel free to apply http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/board,19.0.html

We will be releasing new versions in the future and I hope you enjoy them as well.

The hunt is on!

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 01:09:43 am »

I love posts like these  ;D

Being such a huge fan of the original myself, it's just nice to know that the time we've spent on the mod has rekindled some of those feelings people had on the N64 ten years ago.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

pizzabond

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:35:58 am »

im not that expressive like but  it brings but some memories lol as a matter of fact 2 days ago i played it again and beat all over then w/ freinds it was time...TO SCREW AROUND WITH THE ULTIMATE WEPON......REMOTE MINES!!!!!

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:12 am »

See, now this makes it all worth it
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up