GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 06:57:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Party Maps  (Read 5916 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Third Party Maps
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »

I've been looking around the forums almost all day today, so I've decided to post this. Where are the third party maps? I know there's a much of WIPs, but are there none available as of right now?

On another note, I probably can't use the older maps (Beta 3) on a server, could I? I'm sure there's some things that need to be updated in them. I just miss playing Siberia, Citadel, and Quad. They were awesome maps.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Third Party Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »

GE_Citadel_Luch is still around.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »

Is it? I seriously cannot find it at all (or any for that matter). Are there any sites off hand where I can find it? Or any servers that have it?

I feel like an idiot seeing as how there's a thread with a link to Doc's site that hosts pretty much ALL of the maps from all the releases. I'm definitely going to put these to good use.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:25:56 pm by Ruone Delacroix »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:41:40 pm »

Yeah WNx servers still hosts Citadel. I don't know about the others, I've played like 2 days ago and haven't played since 4.1 release night.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »

I downloaded a few maps and such, but there's a lot of problems with them (no weapons, missing textures). Oh plus the fact that Quad and Siberia have a big fat ERROR floating in the the sky. Would there happen to be a way I can get the textures at least? I'm such a noob when it comes to this stuff.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »

v4.1 is completely backwards compatible with Beta 3+ maps. Things that were added between releases are:

- Weapon slot 0
- Token spawn entities
- Spectator spawn spot
- ge_func_* entities

Basically, if the above entities aren't present, the gameplay is smart enough to pick alternate locations based on player spawn points. Weapon slot 0 is simply the Klobb for all intensive purposes and not rqd. And the ge_func_* entities are extensions of the valve versions providing more control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up