GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 02:10:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcut leads to My Computer, not the game.  (Read 5179 times)

LOLCANADA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • LOLCANADA has no influence.
Shortcut leads to My Computer, not the game.
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:06:36 am »

Not sure if this is a common bug or not, I only skimmed the known bugs topic, so forgive me, but when I try to open the game via the shortcut on my desktop, it open's up the "my computer" page.  Not sure if it's becuase of a botched install, or if there was a step after the install I was supposed to do but missed the notice on.  Thanks for any help.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Shortcut leads to My Computer, not the game.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:30:12 am »

Do you own a Source based game (HL2:DM, TF2, Portal,... and you have to OWN the game, no free Nvidia/ATI copies)?

Do you have Source SDK Base 2007 Installed (in the tools tab under library in steam)?

Try restarting Steam.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

LOLCANADA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • LOLCANADA has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:23:50 am »

Ah, didn't have the source program downloaded - I'd be willing to bet that was my problem.  Downloading it overnight, should hopefully see if it works tomorrow.  Thanks for the help.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:37:37 am »

You need Steam. A Steam account. A purchased Steam game on that account. Source SDK Base 2007 installed in Steam>Library>Tools.

All of the above must be legitimate for the mod to work.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Deathdemon363

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:03:12 pm »

i cant seem to get it to work :-/ i have purchased a game but i cant find the Source SDK Base 2007 file in the tools section. Could i be having a different problem+ i dont even have a shotcut to launch it

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »

I uploaded a detailed help file with images specifically for nubes, just follow the link:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPMEJVTB

Oh, one thing... instead of buying "Half Life 2", you can buy "Half Life 2 Deathmatch" for just £4.99.
Pages: [1]   Go Up