GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:42:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Question??  (Read 18129 times)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Question??
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:06:54 am »

This topic has been talked about lots before. There is nothing the team can do.

Plus, the team can't put a copyright on something they don't legally own, nor can they go and buy the rights to use these things.

This game is a work of art and the characters that they have designed, I feel, suit the nostalgia of the original game perfectly.

You can complain all you like, but nothing is going to change this.
Also, talking the way you have gains no respect for what you are trying to discuss.
Grammar and respect can go a long way.

MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:03 pm »

LOL LOL LOL  ::) ::) ::) ::) WOW really that's what you say to me when you have no proof of copyright laws i think you guys just wanna create something different and not the original recreate i guess ill do every thing on my own i don't any ones help from here you all talk negative and diss me just because i don't like the characters faces you guys made like i said before if i make the shit there is nothing you can do and if you wanna boil every thing down to the levels them self are copy written so if they wanted to sue you guys they would have already get over it geeez.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:44:37 pm by kidx »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:22 pm »

Enjoy making Goldeneye from scratch then. Not like it takes a team of people years or anything.

I dont believe you have ANY appreciation of how hard you have to work to build a game from the ground up. Go be a spoilt child elsewhere.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 01:11:02 pm »

you not smart just redo faces lol and sound and that's it not hard.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 01:28:17 pm »

I don't want to sound harsh - oh, well, in fact I do - but can we finally ban kidx for good? *sigh*
It's always the same random trolling and/or bullshit. Most of his topics are mere products of disregard for the existence of the forums' search function coupled with some ideas only half thought through.

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 02:37:49 pm »

Ban me for what a question Fuck you Play the game noobs all you guys do is talk.

Sud0209

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

Long time reader 1st time poster! gotta say i love this site. Kidx also gotta say it sounds like a really good idea and i cant figure out why these whinny people are giving you a hard time. Only little dumb asses bitch about grammar and dumb shit. Can someone prove the thing about the copyright? still waiting to see about that...

I don't want to sound harsh - oh, well, in fact I do - but can we finally ban kidx for good? *sigh*
It's always the same random trolling and/or bullshit. Most of his topics are mere products of disregard for the existence of the forums' search function coupled with some ideas only half thought through.

How is he trolling? It's his thread numb nuts... holy shit some people are just plain retards..

EDITED: Double posting. - Sarge
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:23:50 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 05:03:30 pm »

How is he trolling?

It always starts like "I have this question that has been asked 1 million times but I don't care about looking for it in the forums nor will I go and check the wiki", continues with "people answer me correctly and helpfully but I disregard what they say and continue asking the question again" until finally he decides to stop at some point, but not before dissing other people quite some times first.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question, but if it's already answered often it wouldn't take long to look it up instead of waiting for someone to reply.  I'd even go out a limb and say that his LTK CTF thread has at least some legitimation (althought the outcome in gameplay will be horrible), so people can understand the python gameplay scripts and create their own easily.

It's his thread numb nuts... holy shit some people are just plain retards..

Being one's thread or not doesn't justify any behaviour towards other people. That's like agreeing with the Nazis when they said "it's our country, we'll just kill all the Jews and anyone we dislike".

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »

then why has it not been created lol you think LTK players wanna be hated lol we want what we like all you guys do is make stuff for your likings LTK CTF should be made we like verity and you guys don't give much of it.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 05:51:10 pm »

Deathmatch, Dr. No Armor, License to Kill, You Only Live Twice, Man With The Golden Gun, Capture The Key, Living Daylights, Live and Let Die, and Gungame, with teams available for six of those.

Not much variety?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »

Your small minded i am talking about LTK rules why not have Live and let Die LTK rules in stead of DM like a whole fucking clip or more to kill and that's why my server gets hits alot and i can fill servers cause LTK rules DM BLOWS please make us more game types for LTK like LTK CTF,LTK Live And Let Die,Living Daylights we need a variety not hard to add that in as options just lazy FFA LTK Gets Boring do i have to get more LTK players to post here supporting my statment.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:08:51 pm by kidx »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 06:29:39 pm »

Just thought I would put this here.

Sir, You made my day.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »

B-Tards In Da House show some copy right proof.

Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore...

Long time reader 1st time poster! gotta say i love this site. Kidx also gotta say it sounds like a really good idea and i cant figure out why these whinny people are giving you a hard time. Only little dumb asses bitch about grammar and dumb shit. Can someone prove the thing about the copyright? still waiting to see about that...

Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore... Zzz... Snore...

Edit: Don't double post. - Sarge
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:12:52 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »

Your small minded [...]

See what I meant? ~
Back on topic:
what you've basically got to do to create a new gameplay from an existing one adding LTK to it is to carry code parts that are specific for LTK to the other class. So for CTF LTK that would be:

self.SetDamageMultiplier( 1000 )

to def OnLoadGamePlay(self): and the method def OnPlayerConnect(self, player):

adding the method

def OnUnloadGamePlay(self):
      self.SetDamageMultiplier( 1 )

and finally

def SetDamageMultiplier(self, amount):
      for i in range(32):
         if not GEUtil.IsValidPlayerIndex(i):
            continue
         player = GEUtil.GetMPPlayer(i)
         player.SetDamageMultiplier(amount)

Should be working, isn't tested yet. Although I can say that creating a new class even with a new cfg going along with it and even changing the return name to "capturekeyltk" wouldn't work, yet modifying the CaptureKey.py and not renaming it worked (as it said Caputre The Key (MOD) for the gameplayname then). (I take it #GES_GP_CAPTUREKEY_NAME would be a token name so I tried putting a string right there) As I just browsed the wiki I found http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Custom_Python_Gameplay . I guess my last mistake was to leave "class CaptureKey(PYBaseGamePlay):" unchanged it should have been "class CaptureKeyLTK(PYBaseGamePlay):". I'll be posting a link to some of those gameplay files later.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:35:41 pm by coolDisguise »

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • kidx has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »

Thanks for the replay cant wait to test this the more work you do the more ill test on our ges server.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up