GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:42:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Find Any Servers or Get Into Matches  (Read 3979 times)

Starwind Amada

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Starwind Amada has no influence.
Can't Find Any Servers or Get Into Matches
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »

Yesterday I installed GE Source v4.1. Since then, I can only find two servers (one of which is usually WarriorNation, which I have been banned from for some reason) and when I try to join a match, the game locks up and I have to Ctrl>Alt>Del out of it. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Any clue how I can get this to work.

Also, how can I get unbanned from a server? I have no idea what I did wrong and never received any messages from the admins of the WarriorNation server.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Can't Find Any Servers or Get Into Matches
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:21:51 pm »

Check here:-

http://cp.ges-stats.com/

You can find the reason for being banned and protest it if you wish.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »

Disable the 'map list' option and do a full refresh in the server browser. You should then get a list of all servers.

According to that website WNx permabanned you from their servers for 'inappropriate language'.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Starwind Amada

• Agent
  • Starwind Amada has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

According to that website WNx permabanned you from their servers for 'inappropriate language'.

Yet they have idiots on there who use the n-word and call people "f-ggots" all the time. They probably saw I was winning against their guys and couldn't take it. Losers.

arturok1992

• Secret Agent
  • arturok1992 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:15 pm »

Yet they have idiots on there who use the n-word and call people "f-ggots" all the time. They probably saw I was winning against their guys and couldn't take it. Losers.

http://www.ges-stats.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=39203

kills: 37
deaths: 74

Yeah man you kicked some ass.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:44 pm »

I think this clearly shows your attitude.
Question: if you'd go to a party someone else is making in his house and call him a Loser, wouldn't you expect to be thrown out?

However, a perma ban has to have serious reasons and as far as i remember it was somewhen in the middle of beta 4.0 times and had it's reasons for sure.

markpeterjameslegg showed you a way to get unbanned, but you choosed to stay on the douchbag route.
Pages: [1]   Go Up