GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:46:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2D Artist & Level Designer  (Read 11068 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
2D Artist & Level Designer
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:07:57 am »

I would like to apply for the open position as a 2D artist, creating environment textures and level art.

Relevant Experience & Skills:
  • Extensive experience using Adobe Photoshop (6+ years)
  • Comprehensive understanding of the Source engine's material system and its shaders
  • Ability to create high-resolution textures from scratch
  • Ability to create high-resolution textures from photographs and other raw sources
  • Ability to create seamlessly tiling textures
  • Ability to create specular maps and phong masks
  • Ability to create normal maps and height maps
  • Ability to create model textures working from raw UV maps or alternate textures.

I also have a diploma in Art and Design and am a qualified graphic designer.

Some examples of my recent texture work...

High-resolution tiling textures from scratch:
Dirty Concrete with Hazard-stripes
Desert Rocks in Sand
Muddy Rocks
Sandstone Wall
Rough Concrete

Tiling textures made from photographs:
Rough Plaster Wall
Concrete Floor

Other stuff:
Beta Tester Klobb Skin
Bunker Classic Textures
Something Else ;)

I would also secondarily like to apply for a position as a level designer.

Level Design Experience & Skills:
  • 8+ years working with Quake-derivative level design tools
  • Comprehensive understanding of Hammer and Source SDK tools
  • Full understanding of level optimizing in Source
  • Ability to create custom assets and import them into Source

Example of finished project: Bunker Classic, though I don't feel it completely reflects my full ability to create environments in Source.

Cheers.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: 2D Artist & Level Designer
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 03:15:25 am »

Did you say Graphic designer????

i been wanting one of you for a while Muhahah.

since you can texture thats icing on the cake.

I'm going to have you do a trial just for formalities sake. (there's only been like 2 people who haven't had to do one lol)

Go ahead and make a thread in the trial members (can you guys post in there i forget) section ill get you something to do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:41:41 am »

Awesome, thanks!  :)

Oh QA have no access to the trial board.  :P

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 05:16:06 am »

Awesome! You will make a great Dev man. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:54 am »

You have a real talent there mate, and I love your Bunker_Classic map.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »

I must say, Mangley's surface textures are beautiful.

Congratulations'
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:46 am »

ok since you cant see that board, I'm bumping you straight to dev but your not an official one till you finish your trial.
 that way you can still see the beta testing boards and stuff like that. so you can read dev boards, but don't go posting in there till you finish your trial.  everything you see in there keep quiet about as well if you can.

Go ahead and make a new thread in the trial members section.

im gonna be gone for a couple of days, so your trial is going to be to make 5 high res textures for Egyptian.
take what we have currently, and up res them and make them look more modern. add bells and whistles like normal and spec where needed.

if you like you can swap out a couple of the textures to do a couple of graphic design things instead. up to you lol

My main thing for you as a graphic designer is to help me out with deciding on how to deal with the alphabet soup we have for radar logos and to simplify all of the to be able to more clearly indicate goals and dangers to the player. we can deal with that later though but its kinda up to you for what you feel is going to show your skillsozrs the best

have fun with that hehehe

if you fail your test, ill just bump you back to beta tester till you up your abilities no harm no foul.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 04:49:36 am »

Ok great,  :) thanks.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 11:10:12 am »

congratulations mangley. and always remember: with great power comes great responsibility  ;D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:35:42 pm »

Yeah... May The Source Be With You... Always. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up