GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:15:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a few things I've noticed (new player)  (Read 2857 times)

patrickphan2

Just a few things I've noticed (new player)
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »

Just wanted to say beforehand, awesome mod. Did a google of "good HL2 mods" and found this.

Anywho, just wanted to point out that the Magnum is ridiculously strong as are the shotguns. The Mini uzi really needs a buff because I had my sight/aim/whatever on this guys head and shot 30 bullets into him before he died. Maybe I'm just a terrible PC gamer but I expected him to die a lot sooner. I had a 40 ping so idk if that had anything to do with it.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Just a few things I've noticed (new player)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:49:04 pm »

The weapon damage values are not realistic, they are based on the weapon damage values from the original game. As with the original, a headshot does not necessarily mean a kill.

Most weapons kill with 2 headshots (4 if the person has armor). More powerful weapons can kill with one headshot (2 with armor).

However there is an invulnerability system which gives everyone a small moment of invulnerability after they have been shot. This means holding fire with an automatic gun doesn't guarantee you a kill. Short controlled bursts are more effective and less wasteful.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:48:40 pm »

Welcome to our mod! Glad to know we are on the "Good HL2 Mods list" lol

I suggest you read the following: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/V4.1_Release_Documentation#Gameplay_Fundamentals

All of our weapon damage RATES are based pretty strongly against the N64 GoldenEye with minor tweaks to accommodate > 4 players.

mrfunkyjunkie

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:19:22 am »

i went out and brought hl solely to play this mod.

there are a few bugs here and there (one notable one, is the server list transparency after disconnecting from a game/closing the list)

ive already been online a bit so far, and the gameplay is solid - it does takes a bit of getting used to if you were expecting a run of the mill shooter.

that said, the shotguns, magnum and moonraker are currently the 'power weapons' in the game, and as such most people are just going for them and popping people off left right and center making them 'the weapon' to have in game.

it would be nice to see a bit more balance between the headshot availability for the other guns
eg: even with short bursts to my enemies head (more than 4 times) with rifles/smgs ive ended up on the floor dead, whereas my killer has popped me once or twice (when im packing full armour) and toodled off to die another day.

maybe introducing an option to scale damage for weapons between 'original' and 'new age' could be an idea.

based on the quality of the work so far, this is no doubt going to go down as the no#1 TC mod since alien doom.

keep up the good work and i cant wait to see what the next build is like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up