GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:06:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to open Console  (Read 14177 times)

KayJay

Unable to open Console
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:59:07 am »

I beleive i tried every single key, usually the "^" key (european) opens the console, but nothing happens.
I tried to enable/disable "developerconsole" in the options menu, but nothing changed.
Do I have to make a dedicated Server to go into the Console?
I need the Console for trying to create a non dedicated Server because I did read you have to change the map ingame before your Gameroom shows up in the Internetlist.

KayJay

Re: Unable to open Console
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:03 am »

Okay I just figured it out, I had to type "-console" in the starting prioritys for the mod on steam.
Silly me.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 04:43:47 am »

It's the key below Esc.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 05:43:12 am »

It's the key below Esc.

It depends which keyboard language you have set in windows.
I used to set mine to french and neither the ~ key or any other key on my keyboard would open the console.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:56 am »

That and he also said that he already tried every key on his keyboard.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:51:05 pm »

The key that opens the console is actually ` not ~. Open your config file in a text editor and you can rebind it to something else if ` is not on your keyboard. I can't remember what the command is, but I think it's either "console" or "toggleconsole".
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:23 pm »

Make sure you click ok after checking enable dev console.
~

Charli

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Charli has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 11:54:42 pm »

The key that opens the console is actually ` not ~. Open your config file in a text editor and you can rebind it to something else if ` is not on your keyboard. I can't remember what the command is, but I think it's either "console" or "toggleconsole".

The Dev Console setting is enabled and I've found the line
Code: [Select]
bind "`" "toggleconsole"
in ..\gesource\cfg\config.cfg and changed it to "o".
I also set the -console start parameter but I still can't open the console.. What might be the problem? :\

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:24:46 am »

` and ~ is the same key on an English (US/Canada) keyboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up