GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:29:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm back? lol a newish song (bunker 2 remix)  (Read 5229 times)

MtM0201

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MtM0201 has no influence.
    • my music
I'm back? lol a newish song (bunker 2 remix)
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, and I'm glad to see it growing so much. Since I'm back for I don't know how long, I thought I'd share a remix of the bunker I made using garageband (no loops except the electronic drums) using all Logic Pro 9 sounds.

Hope you all like it!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9522178
select hi-fi if you aren't a soundclick member

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: I'm back? lol a newish song (bunker 2 remix)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:12 pm »

I don't think we've met before, But welcome back.
As for the remix, Sounded pretty good, Although I'm not sure if some parts would fit in-game. Still, I liked it.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 10:29:12 pm »

Hey,

A lot better than many songs I hear. So nice job there.

However,
I am not a big fan of the key change. It is much higher than the original was and totally different key, which I think added more mystery sound to it.

Second, the drugs for the majority of the sound don't feel like they fit very well. A different drum sound instrument would be better in this situation. Not sure what kind of options you have.

Third, There is a beat skip at 4:33 which kind of sticks out....
Fourth, string instruments are too midi ish. A better sound string instrument is in order....

Fourth, the song itself needs more variation...it repeats the same long drawn out theme for practically the whole song with hardly any changes. Just my thoughts, but it got kind of old listening to that one group of notes the whole song.

Just a few thoughts, but not bad. Pretty good man. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »

Second, the drugs for the majority of the sound don't feel like they fit very well. A different drum sound instrument would be better in this situation.

Fourth, string instruments are too midi ish.

Fourth, the song itself needs more variation.

Lolwut?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:40 pm »

Not bad, as a basis it's fine but it lacks structure, depth and progression. At no point does the track feel like it's building up to anything, it just feels a bit basic and bland with that respect and it's very repetitive.

You need to identify which portions of the track you want to emphasize and build on those and try adding a lot more variation on the instruments. It's much more interesting to hear an individual's take on a track rather than a pretty much straight unaltered arrangement.

And like CCSaint said, keep off the drugs.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »

This track did not capture my attention.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up