GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 08:29:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant get the game to work  (Read 3053 times)

samster420

cant get the game to work
« on: November 05, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »

ok i got the .exe file of the game, also the zip. i got steam but when i click on the exe file nothing happens with or without steam. i dont know how to get this game to work.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: cant get the game to work
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:16:33 pm »

It's easy, so you've got Steam installed, that's the first step.

2. You've got the Source SDK 2007 from Library -> Tools.
This will create a sourcemods folder in your Steam/steamapps folder. Close Steam.

3. The GoldenEye Source installer (the file should be just below 900 Mb, like 888 Mb or something) will find your sourcemods folder and ask you if you want to install there - just click okay then.
If you prefer to use the .zip-file you might extract it to said folder, that's just about what the .exe-file does (additionally keeping your achievements).
4. Open Steam - select Library -> Games, it should be listed there, so you can exectute it from there or create shortcuts to your desktop.

5. Please familiarize yourself with the search function of these forums, how to install the mod is described like 10k times around here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:18:58 pm by coolDisguise »

samster420

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »

ok now the exe file is finally installing it was my computer for some reason it took windows way too long for it to ask if its ok to open it lol. so i cant find the source sdk base or is it already in the exe?

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:21 pm »

You need to install the Source SDK Base (2007?), through Steam. It's listed under Tools not Games.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up