GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:46:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Official GoldenEye Wii Topic  (Read 10380 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Official GoldenEye Wii Topic
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:52 pm »

I'm making a new topic for this game since it is out now and is no longer speculation.

I have just finished playing through it, and it took me about 6 hours, but I was on the easiest difficulty. I would have to say that it was not the worst shooter I have played, but it is not what comes to mind when I think GoldenEye.

There are 4 difficulty, with the last one being called 007 Classic, where you don't regenerate health, but rely on a health bar and armor. I have yet to try it, but considering I found the easiest difficulty frustrating, I don't know how far I will get

All the levels are complete linear with no option on what order you play things in. Characters look nothing like how they did in the film, and the plot twists and turns its fucking rediclious. For example, after you do Archives, Streets, and a Depot/Train combined level, you do Statue. There was also a level that you go into Valintines club, and Xenia kills him but you get the blame.

Multiplayer on the other hand I found fun. The options that you can set up make for some interesting matches (Having if you stop, you explode and if you touch another player, you explode on at the same time is good times).

Overall it is a good game for the Wii. Graphics are alright. There are just 2 things that bugged me. One was when I was in Statue, there were section that random glow sticks were on the ground, for lighting which instantly reminded me of GES. The other was the look of the Cradle. Fucking flugly and annoying.

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Official GoldenEye Wii Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:12 am »

Double post here, but after playing some more, I started to like it abit better. I'm happy to report that 007 Classic has a old styled hud system for the health, but since it is on the hardest difficulty, not having regen health sucks :/

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:10:33 am »

Double post here, but after playing some more, I started to like it abit better. I'm happy to report that 007 Classic has a old styled hud system for the health, but since it is on the hardest difficulty, not having regen health sucks :/

Dude, whats with the fucking Wii/Nunchuck controls? Its fucking horrendous. Did you use the classic controller? Im going to play after i come from class tomm and I will try the gamecube controller. The controls are way shittier than House of Dead Overkill (good game)

We should do a multiplayer together someday. I will drop you lol.

JcFerggy

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:42:07 am »

I can't multiplayer on the colleges internet here, if not for that I would. Also, I did use a classic controller (Not the pro one) because I found it easier than the gamecube analog stick to look around.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:10 am »

More importantly this has come out today:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42730/

Although it's 3rd person, it isn't looking that bad and if I'm not mistaken they even changed Craig's hair color (or used another optional Bond although it's stating that this should be Craig).

I remember Everything or Nothing on the original XBox. I really loved this game, I don't know why, But I did. Even if it was 3rd person, I Had a lot of fun.
I'll try this game out, Let's just hope it doesn't look as bad as the Wii version.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:42:19 am »

I would have given this game a fair shot since there is an extremely sore hole on the wii for FPS games. However, they decided to foresake the goldeneye name and basically extort it for profit. Therefore, I am not going to bother.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:45 pm »

Besides, if our head coder plays it, then they might come after us saying we're copying from their currently-on-the-market game. : )
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »

Dude, whats with the fucking Wii/Nunchuck controls? Its fucking horrendous. Did you use the classic controller? Im going to play after i come from class tomm and I will try the gamecube controller. The controls are way shittier than House of Dead Overkill (good game)

We should do a multiplayer together someday. I will drop you lol.

How do the Wii/Nunchuck controls compare to Metroid Prime 3's? I thought those controls were fantastic.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:18:52 pm by Storm101 »

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:40 am »

How's the music? Faithful to the old style?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 02:33:47 am »

Wish I could get payed off to review a game like this...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:08:49 am »

Wish they'd stop pretending games are getting better

JcFerggy

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 12:38:13 pm »

Throughout the levels there is not much to hear music wise.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 01:22:27 pm »

That IGN review is such a shill and really pisses me off. He is practically berating you if you don't buy the game because it's "so fucking cool it makes toast and even has a new scripted jumping sequence off the damn dam"

Makes me sick when a games quality is rated solely on its cinematics, animations, and "halo / COD copy cat gameplay"

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »

First he goes like "oh well, this GoldenEye, it's so cool - there are new features and stuff" - until he says "GoldenEye 'didn't age well' and so you can finally play this Halo/CoD ripoff (more CoD than Halo) and it's so cool to have that shooter on the Wii, because the Wii wasn't meant to have any nextgen games at all (compare to Ghostbusters: Wii, NDS and PS2 have the same version, while PC, XBox and PS3 have the other), so it's THE BEST SHOOTER ON THE WII!!!ONEONEELEVEN".

And then he's also stating that the programmers' incompetence of being unable of mapping a game feature to a certain control scheme (leaning to the classic controller pro, just like jumping in Mario Kart on the Wii) is just demonstrating how superb the Wii's Nunchuck control is, which is just an epic fail of some Nintendo fanboy. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything about fanboys in general... it's just when somebody's advertising obvious failure as a feature that I could go and knock some sense into that person.

JcFerggy

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 07:52:02 am »

So right now I am at a all nighter, and I brought GoldenEye Wii. While playing 4 player splitscreen, someone complains about the lack of good music while playing, so I muted the ingame music, opened my laptop, and played songs form the GES Soundtrack depending on what level it was. They liked Bacon Flavored Vodka and Golden Pie :P
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up