GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:27:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 Reasons Why Everyone Should Leave The State Of California For Good  (Read 3910 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!

http://theintelhub.com/2010/10/24/california-is-broke-19-reasons-why-it-may-be-time-for-everyone-to-leave-the-state-of-california-for-good/

Fuck those rich assholes. They make millions and cant give a $100 to these poor people living in tents?

Fuck the mayor not doing anything. If i was a celebrity, i would help them.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: 19 Reasons Why Everyone Should Leave The State Of California For Good
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »

What would giving poor people $100 do besides make you feel good?  handing out money does not solve problems, it makes them worse. Proven over and over in history.  California is on the right track by cutting spending, but in the wrong places. Bloated government budgets, ridiculous benefits to state employees, and wasteful social programs all add up to that enormous deficit.

The article hit on a good point, illegal immigrants sucking the tit of social programs like guaranteed medical care. Why should they get the benefits without the taxes, it's fucking bullshit if you ask me.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00:39 pm »

California is on the right track by legalizing marijuana 

That is happening. Maybe that will help Cali a bit.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:23 am »

Bah, the thousands of people that were moving California were imbeciles. They got there, screwed the place up, lost their jobs, etc, etc, and then complained that the streets weren't golden and are now trying to leave.

I know a plethora of folks who want to go to California to live. None of them have even vaguely stable careers or ideas on what's going to keep them economically afloat once they get there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:24:43 am by Sergeant Kelly »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:26 am »

Looks like a lot of scaremongering going on, sure I don't doubt that unemployment is high and that people are in hard times, but I'd be wary of selective statistics and the fact that no news networks are above spreading anxiety to sell more papers. I genuinely hate alarmist media. They seem to be making it out as if California is doomed to some kind of apocalyptic spread of poverty.

The people in the video may think they have it bad, but they could have it a lot worse... they have tents, clothes, food. Hell, you could mistake their situation for a traditional British camping holiday. "It's cold, windy, and the kids are bored". They should see how people live in India or China, that's real poverty, people living in dumps and piles of refuse, towns built out of scrap. I have sympathy for them still though, losing your home is a terrible thing to go through.

This is why you don't elect movie stars or basketball players to run the state. You elect real, normal people who know what the problems are and care about the impact things have, not some millionaire in a suit who had most of the things in their life handed to them.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up