GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:52:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixel Shader v3  (Read 4131 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
Pixel Shader v3
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »

So, I don't have a job right now, and REALLY need to upgrade my gfx card.. but i cannot without a paycheck, obviously.. So i found out there are Pixel Shader emulators out there.. Anyone have more info on them? I have a x850 gfx right now and am running v2.0.. i heard they can emulate v3.0? Just got a password to my buddies Steam to play some MW2 and i realllyyy want to go play.. I have MW1 and it runs excellent.. I'm just too skeptical to delete MW1 [working] to download MW2.. [EDIT: i have to delete old games for new ones cus i am space limited]

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:11:08 pm by Sp1nn3y »

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: Pixel Shader v3
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:00:40 pm »

sell that video card with a 12 pack of beer unopened and undrink, and  get the money to buy a new video card.

I mean the guy who buys it, will not only be happy that he got a new powerful video card, but also it came with beer.

idk try it lol

As for pixel emulation... i never really knew you can do that. I also would like to know.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Pixel Shader v3
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:42 am »

Actually, If you have a PCI-E slot, An average/decent graphic card can cost no more than 50$

You could buy a cheap ATI like this one :
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ATI-Radeon-HD2400PRO-HD-2400-PRO-SCS-256MB-DDR2-Video-/360296280866?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item53e354f322#ht_2270wt_1137

It might not run everything at high detail but it does its job.
If you are looking for performance rather than quality, This card is your best bet.
You should have 1GB or more RAM to run games properly. 2GB is recommended.

I think it supports Pixel and Vertex shader up to 4.0, But I am unsure about this.
I do know it has at least 3.0, As well as DirectX 10 support.
It can run many games, Even Far Cry 2, But not Mafia II.

As for the Pixel Shader emulator...
I must tell you when I used to have a really bad PC, I spent countless days to find such a thing, And I never found anything at all. I say don't waste your time searching for that, As you might just end up with some wasted time.

And last, In my opinion, I think that you will be decieved with MW2. I personally think MW1 is way better than MW2. Death streaks, New perks and killstreaks are just... Lame. But if you think you'll like it, Give it a shot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up