GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:10:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] ge_siberia_cc  (Read 89315 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Siberia_LuchSaint
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2011, 06:36:36 am »

We just finished our second round of internal testing this evening. Had a full server and tested all gamemodes. It was pretty nice. Lots of new changes/fixes being done before our next test. We are getting close my friends..:)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2011, 06:28:17 am »

Update:

Thanks to all the magnificent testing that has been going on, you guys are going to get a very polished product. I had a few people make a few layout suggestions so I am changing those accordingly right now (don't worry, they won't take more than a night :P). It isn't like my previous layout redo where it took forever. This is just a minor thing that will make gameplay A LOT more interesting while providing some more cover.
       Secondly, thanks to the testing we had I realized Siberia actually was an OVERLY intense map to play on. People were reporting lower frame rates than any map previously due to me going a little overkill on some features and not optimizing the best I could. I am happy to say that I have demolished a lot of this problem in just a few hours of working on it. At the moment, whatever testers were getting previously as their lowest FPS is now +42 frames from lowest value. (previous low while looking at the dish + 42FPS). This is a remarkable improvement so far in FPS and I expect it to only get better. Still working on a few things to improve it even more, but yeah. :)
       Thirdly, weapon spawns are being redone because of poor placement and lack of understanding when I first did them. Because I based them around team spawns balancing (or what I thought was balancing), the map actually played out quite poorly. Thanks to many members of the community (mostly ES), I now have a clearer understanding of how to make it so wherever you spawn you are almost guaranteed to not be stuck with a klobb. :P So anyways, these are just a few things that are coming in the next INTERNAL RC2 update that will undergo testing here soon. If everything pans out and starts balancing up, you guys might possibly see a release date show up here on the forums. :)

Also, please be sure to thank ES for making a model of the observatory dome, snowmen, and snowballs. He really did a nice job with them and he should get some praise for putting in the effort to help me, along with many other things. :)

Take an easy and more to come later,

Saint

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:25 am »

Awesome thanks CCsaint and ES :)

liamcadhain

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2011, 11:31:18 am »

Nice one, glad you got that FPS issue sorted out and congrats to E-S as well for those models. Can't wait to see the release date

CCsaint10

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2011, 03:51:21 am »

"Release Candidate 2" of siberia undergoes testing tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes. :-)

P.S. Just a little side not, the name of the map now is "ge_siberia_cc". Luchador still gets a lot of credit for this map, but the name was so long it had to be shortened...luchador's spray is still in the map though to remind you guys of the original guy behind it all. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:55:15 am by CCsaint10 »

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
Re: ge_siberia_cc
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2011, 06:35:44 am »

If you need testers, and you see I'm online, send me a message ;-)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2011, 08:37:10 am »

If you need testers, and you see I'm online, send me a message ;-)

same here. would be a pleasure
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

CCsaint10

« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2011, 09:35:24 pm »

Nicely done!

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:14 pm »

Nice to see everything has come together so well. Good luck with the release!

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2011, 11:11:55 pm »

let me finish up that track before you release :)

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:20 pm »

looks great the trailer is really good Saint...good work on the song Trent though is that the surface remix or a completely diffrent song?

CCsaint10

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2011, 03:35:02 am »

It is actually a surface/runway kind of remix. You can hear the runway theme in it, but it also has the start/feel of a little of surface. I am sure the final version he comes out with will be much more distinct. :-) Anyways, thanks for the remarks guys. I figured after we all talked about doing a release video for third party maps to get people fired up in another thread that I would be the start to that. :-)

Rick Astley

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:49 am »

Anyways, thanks for the remarks guys. I figured after we all talked about doing a release video for third party maps to get people fired up in another thread that I would be the start to that. :-)

imagine a joined trailer of Funhouse, Siberia and Grid....that would be awesome sauce

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2011, 09:58:09 am »

This looks like a great update. I remember Siberia in the old days: a camping nightmare. Sure, I didn't play it often because of that but I clearly remember it. This new layout looks much better because it's meant to prevent that.

It still lacks some detail in a few areas (the interiors are a bit bare at the moment) but I know this is not final and even after being released it will be updated but the exterior looks great. I really love it. Kudos for this map, man.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up