GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 12:04:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] ge_siberia_cc  (Read 88988 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Siberia_LuchSaint
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »

well, if for some odd reason our paths ever cross with either one of you, I will do it......but I don't see that happening

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:35 am »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there fine gentlemen (and ladies) who have been so kind as to support my 3rd party mapping. I want to start out by thanking everyone so far that has contributed to this map by helping me get ideas/aiding in development. I also have a few screenshots for you today.

During these past months, I have been working off and on reworking the layout of the map extensively (see last update for top down view). My goal was to try and conquer the spawn camping/sniping that always occurred which made it almost impossible for the map to be fun with lots of people. Sadly, the layout has changed considerably to make up for this. However, overall the feel is still there and locations are where you remember them, so it won't be hard to jump in and realize where you are.

The first screenshot is taken from the base of the helipad area looking to the right up the mountain. I thought I would take this picture because it looked dreamy to me and I figured you guys would enjoy it. Keep in mind that this image is WORK IN PROGRESS and will probably change substantially in later updates. I just thought it would be good for you guys to see what kind of progress has been made lately.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595816992652012175/F5C1E97D19DD43A71506EAB340EBF904205C3864/

The second picture is taken from a location that was not in the original map or in GE64. It was an area added to help with flow/provide multiple routes/allow you to sneak up on opponents if should choose to. This image is probably an even more work in progress image than the other one is. Many props, barells, and other thing are missing. They will get updated in future updates as well.

One of the main changes though since my last update with the pond is the texture. I decided to revamp the texture. It is a brand new texture with a nice and shiny specular map. :) On top of making a new texture, I felt like it would benefit everyone to have a big pond as well, so that is what I did. Now you can have grenade/grenade launcher/rocket duels on the pond. They also are fun to bounce off the mountain in the background (in case you were wondering) :) Anyways, here is the second image. Keep in mind it is WORK IN PROGRESS. :)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595816992652010562/313F5BCE2150025439E02E9717909E1EA784112E/

Well guys, that is all for now. With a lot of the major hurdles done and out of my way, I know my next update will be much sooner. I already have a few surprises in steak for some of the people who commented on this thread. Their dream will come true in a future update. :P You will find out soon enough what I am talking about. :D

Things to Do:

- Make a brand new skybox texture with Terragen that better suits the environment and Fog.
- Implement a 3D skybox for a surprise
- Rework all soundscapes/triggers
- Rework weapon/flag/token placement
- Look at spawn placement for team play
- Many small little things also...

Talk to you soon,
Saint

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:36:42 am by CCsaint10 »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:44 am »

Why, Thank you for this update, Man!
Haven't heard about your work for a long time.
Glad to hear you're keeping it up!

liamcadhain

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2011, 04:26:34 pm »

Nice one, keep up the good work :)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »

Awesome. :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 01:42:45 am »

it looks like christmas...:D keep up the good work

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »

That map looks beautiful, Saint. Looking better every time I see it!
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

CCsaint10

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 04:22:41 am »

- 8/11/11 Siberia Update -

I have quite a bit to show today, and a lot of possible discussion about many things. I am going to start by saying that a lot of these shots are still changing (of course) and are always under construction. In fact, the last image on this page goes over the layout of the level and a possible way of doing weapon spawns, armor spawns, token spawns, and team spawns. Please go over it and chime in on any suggestions you might have to make it better. I know that it is difficult to understand how the level is put together just by looking at the image and not knowing the level, but try your best. :)

First of all, some changes have occurred since the last pictures I gave you guys.

This is the current look. At the moment their is moving clouds in the skybox to simulate a more "surfacy" look. Granted, the original weren't white like these are, but at least it provides for a little more atmosphere. Either way, skyboxes look stale by themselves, imo. I also worked on the helipad so that it looks much more presentable. Many trees/rocks have been placed strategically around the map to provide cover when needed. Especially around corners. This first image doesn't show a lot, but you will see more as we go.

As you can see in this picture, we now have a snowman model. :D SNOWMAN! :D :D :D You can all thank ES for making that model and the model snowballs that are round it. He is responsible for that work. Many thanks to him. The snowman you see in that picture breaks on collision with bullets when shot into about 4 pieces. Pretty fun to play with. All of these snowballs and snowman are prop_physics so you are able to move them around and play soccer, if you must. :) Second, the only real other thing to note in this picture is some more displacement work, but overall similar to the previous image I showed you guys a while ago.

And WHAT IS THIS? AN EVEN BIGGER SNOWMAN!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! ITS MARIO! :D nah, this one is also made by ES. This snowman doesn't break into pieces and is non-movable, but I figured it would add a little bit of light heartedness to the map and provide some laughs. After all, the demand for snowman was just TOO MUCH that i couldn't resist. :) Another thing to observe in this picture is that the dome is now at a slant and behind a hill (can't really see it that well in the picture). It is also slightly closer to the satellite. I figured, in concept, it might provide an opportunity for a sniping battle between opponents, should the opportunity present itself. However, the hill in front of it offers protection for the individual if they don't want to fight. There is also a body armor near the dome similar to how there is one near the satellite. Both have been placed slightly away to prevent camping.

Not much has changed in this picture. The only other addition that was added was a set of lights going from the base of the dish to the tip of the antenna (not in the picture). The lights proceed in an upward blinking fashion. These are viewable across the map with HDR enabled. They, in a way, provide a reference point for someone who might not know where the satellite is or their way around the level. Assuming you are in range to where the fog isn't obstructing your vision, you will be able to see these lights. It provides a reference point to determine where you are trying to go. I will try to get an image of the lights in a future update to help clear up any confusion. :)

This image takes place in the cabin area in the old map that was only accessible from one direction. That is not the case anymore. The mountain that separated the satellite from the dual cabins has now been modified. To the left of the image, their is now a canyon-like area in which you can trek through to get body armor, weapons, or just sneak your way to the satellite front door. It helps even out flow and provide many paths to and from the cabin location (see next picture and map below). Another new feature noting in this picture is a path going from the fenced cabins to the dome. You can't see the dome in the picture, but it provides a back country passage to the building without getting sniped to hell from the satellite.

This image above is the canyon-like passage way leading away from the cabins I just talked about. This path flows around and comes out to the front door of the satellite. Not much else to really say, except some of the displacements are going to get touched up soon. :)

And finally, I give you a picture from the bunker hatch. There are now two paths leading away from the bunker hatch. You are now free to take the route going right that leads to the satellite, or you may take the path going left leading to the helipad. Both options have cover from the hills and make it safer for you to go on your journey without being too exposed. This area will undergo more changes than the rest of the pictures as it hasn't gotten detailed with props and things. More on that in a different update. :)

And finally, I leave you with this final image. This map below is an overhead view (like i gave in a previous update) of the map in its current state. This proposal of weapon spawns, tokens, team spawns, and everything else was draw up by ES and discussed in game. The key idea behind it was balance and providing for a good variety of weapon spawns and armor locations, while trying not to make any one location "campable."

Key:

Numbers 1-8 represent power of weapon (in case anyone didn't know that already)
And "A" and "1/2 A" is Full armor and Half armor

Please take some time to look at this and give your opinions. If you feel so inclined to, I am going to paste a unmarked image of the overview in which you are more than welcome to edit to your liking if you think of a much better make up for the map. :) I will post it if anyone expresses interest in making revisions on this tread, or i might post it anyways. :)

Well, thank you all for sticking with me up to this point. I am sure I will have more updates coming soon and I hope you guys keep coming back. Thank you for the support so far.

Saint

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:51 am »

Marvellous, All we need now is an XMas version with Christmas trees and lights scattered around the map during the holidays.
Naw, I'm just fooling around. Unless...

CCsaint10

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 05:55:09 am »

I think this is as close to Christmas as you can get :)

liamcadhain

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 10:04:15 am »

Looks great so far. I'm loving the ridiculously oversized snowman on the 3rd image too, lol.

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 09:42:41 pm »

I was originally going to say the snowmen seemed too prominent for what I would say is more like an easter-egg type feature, but since this isn't an official map anyways, I take that back.

In fact, you should put in some snowmen built over barrels for some exploding snowmen.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2011, 11:57:53 pm »

In fact, you should put in some snowmen built over barrels for some exploding snowmen.
You don't even need to add a barrel to the snowmen, just compile a version of it which is also spawning barrel pieces when breaking and has an explosion.
Maybe a 2nd skin which is only slightly different would be good, just enough to be able to tell which one is the explosive version if you know where to look at.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »

This map (from looking at the images) looks like Pure Awesome-Sauce with a side of Onion and Pineapple...i cant wait till this is released

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »

I am afraid that MI6 doesn't have as good of an access to the level 8 weapon as Janus does.

I think removing that level 8 in the boonies and putting an armor or level 7 would suffice. That would make the level 8 a contention point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up