GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:43:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting started help  (Read 3507 times)

Diallingwand

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Diallingwand has no influence.
Getting started help
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:46:04 pm »

I downloaded GE:S recently but can't get it to work on my computer. It meets all the specs (and runs half life 2, portal 2 etc.) but when I run it from Steam, the valve logo comes up and then starts to show the half life 2 start up screen (an out of focus shot of city 17) before quitting out and telling me that hl2.exe has stopped working.

I've followed all the instructions on this page: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Install_GoldenEye:_Source
but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Getting started help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »

That's strange. Are you sure you are launching the mod correctly? If you have the SDK Base 2007 installed and the mod correctly installed, it should work. It's irrelevant whether you have a purchased Source-based game from 2007 or before since the SDK is free.

It would help us if you posted any more details or even a screenshot, if necessary and things aren't working after you check what I told you to check.

Diallingwand

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Diallingwand has no influence.
Re: Getting started help
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:27 pm »

Nevermind, I re-reinstalled and it worked fine, must've been some cock-up the first couple of times. Cheers anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up