GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 04:26:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem to play GE:S  (Read 6948 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
Problem to play GE:S
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

How the Subject say i have a little problem. I can´t play GE:S. I downloaded the SDK Base 07, and GE:S as a zip. So when i want to start in steam, it´s changing the screen like normal. end when i press enter or a another button it say : hl2.exe has detected an error and have to be closed. (In german called : hl.2 exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden).

So but when i start GE:S, and then i fast press the ESC button, i will get to the loading menü....loading....ok then the screen truns of black, but it isn´t load anything.
So i thoght it could be maybe the reason that i put the gesource folder from the zib into the wrong folder. ( i put it in C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps.
I think that is not the error. So i go to steam, and say start as an administrator, but that doesn´t change anything. So what could be the error. I think it´s the zip file. The exe is more better.
I see nowhere a icon on my desktop to play GE:S

So could it be that i am missing something or that i put the folder to the incorrrect direction or is the zip corrupt ( i searched for my error ind the serachoption )

So i hope you can help me

Thanks
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Problem to play GE:S
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:00:47 pm »

I see nowhere a icon on my desktop to play GE:S
Download the exe version. It'll install a desktop icon, make sure its in the correct folder and delete any previous version and/or installation that may conflic with 4.0.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:05:45 pm »

Quote from: DF Ank1
So i thoght it could be maybe the reason that i put the gesource folder from the zib into the wrong folder. ( i put it in C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps.

It should be installed in C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/sourcemods/gesource
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

• Secret Agent
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:59 pm »

There was no older version on it. I put the folder in the right direction. >>>sourcemods/gesource ( it´s the gesource folder i download)
I don´t want to download the exe. i have a very slowly internet i live on a mountain like where the DAM is ^^
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 06:12:04 pm by [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 »
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 06:10:48 pm »

do i have install something special like SDK 07 ? do i need SDK 06 ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:09 pm »

Add -novid to the command line parameters.

Do you not understand or know how to do that? Here is an alternative:

1. Go to C:/[PATH WHERE STEAM IS]/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource/media/
2. Open StartupVids.txt
3. DELETE EVERYTHING
4. save and close
5. Start GES

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:44:52 pm »

Only a black screen after loading.......That was it.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 11:49:34 pm »

Like Doc.NO said, just download the full Beta 4 EXE, I know it's big, but just leave it overnight or something. This will do everything automatically and insures that everything installs correctly, just click on "Front Page" tab above, follow the page down till you get to the Jaws video, under this video are the downloads, you want the 4th one down. By the way, what's your operating system and computer spec's? Also check Half Life 2 first to see if that works OK, if that doesn't that could be your problem.

Basically, this is what I did:-

1. Downloaded and installed Steam
2. Created a Steam account
3. Purchased Half Life 2 on Steam and installed
4. Installed Source SDK Base 2006 & 2007
5. Installed the Goldeneye Source Beta 4 (Automatically installs to the correct folders)
6. Double clicked the Goldeneye Source shortcut and played the game.

It should be that simple really. My specs are:-

CPU: AMD Athlon Dual Core x2 4200+
RAM: 2Gig DDR
VID CARD: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS 512MB

Going by these spec's, my computers out of date, but I still run it with highest settings easy.
Hope this helps, if not just ask, but don't forget to mention your spec's.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 07:57:10 am »

Ok i have only CS:S Pack, and that worked bevor. I don´t have the SDK source 06, i am downloading it right now.

I have Windows Vista with 3GB RAM
Intel Pentium Dual T3400 @2.16GHZ, 2,17 GHZ
32 BIt system.
Computer by emachine.
My GRACA is an Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Famalie.

But i don´t those thinks are not the problem. I thinks it´s more i don´t have the SDK Source 06
I donwloaded the exe and install it. It worked and the video was showiung, and then there was a little window with loading some many files....
Then i come again the the loading page....
And then the screen turns black again and i can only move with my mouse and that was it

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 08:32:44 am »

so i install sdk source 06, then i reinstall GE:S, and it´s again the same problem

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:10 am »

1. did it work before on this computer? (i heared source has issues on integrated intel chipsets)
2. do any other mods or Source games work?

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 10:45:29 am »

It worked bevor on this computer. And i tried to play CS:S, HL:DM and DOD:S but there it´s the same. just a black screen
@ Kraid - I don´t know how to explain in English : Ja ich hab den Computer wegen nehm systemfehler neu aufsetzen müssen. Zuvor hat es noch geklappt, aber jetz gehts nicht mehr. Kann es sein das ich mein GRAKA updaten muss oder das ich es mit Windows XP einstellungen machen muss ? Muss ich irgendwin zusätzliches Add-On wie Direct x 10 oder ähnliches installieren ? Irgendwas von Valve wie das SDK Source 06 und 07 ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:53:48 am by [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 12:43:41 pm »

As far as I know you don't need DirectX 10 (I'm running it with 9.0c) and for Goldeneye it would be the Source SDK '07.
But since you cannot play the other source games either I recommend you update your graphics (and maybe also other) drivers.
------------------------
Soweit ich weiß brauchst Du DirectX 10 nicht (bei mir läuft es mit 9.0c) und für Goldeneye wird das Source SDK '07 benötigt.
Da Du aber auch keine anderen Sourcespiele spielen kannst, empfehle ich Dir Deine Grafiktreiber (und evtl. auch andere) zu aktualisieren.

EDIT:
Some guy at the ESL forums is talking about the same problem. The solution he was given was to set his screen to 800*600 in the games' launch options.
To do this right-click on the game in your games list, chose properties and then set launch options. Add -w 800 -h 600.
Start your game from the game list. If this works you might find another resolution that works also for you.
----------------
In den ESL-Foren spricht jemand genau das gleiche Problem an. Die Lösung, die man ihm nannte war in den Startoptionen des Spiels seine Bildschirmauflösung auf 800*600 zu setzen. Um das zu tun rechtsklickst Du in Deiner Spieleliste auf das Spiel, wählst Eigenschaften und darauf Startoptionen (oder ähnlich, ich hab mein Steam auf Englisch ;-)). Füge -w 800 -h 600 hinzu und starte das Spiel über die Spieleliste. Wenn das klappt findest Du vielleicht auch andere Auflösungen, die bei Dir funktionieren.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:15:35 pm by coolDisguise »

• Secret Agent
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »

Phu i cant find the correct driver for my gaphiccard. I have an Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Cipset Famalie

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »

Come on, you could have googled that yourself.
Here you go:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com
There's even a link below to "Automatically identify and find drivers" ...

• Secret Agent
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 02:33:00 pm »

PROBLEM FINISH. It was because of the graphiccard. It was not update. TYes after i typed my GRACA in google, i come to this downloadcenter.intel.com site where i could download the driver. Thanks at all

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 05:51:22 pm »

No problem, glad you got it working.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up