GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:15:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create an online Game  (Read 4040 times)

yymarc

Create an online Game
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:27:20 pm »

Hello, I would like to create an online game to play with friends.

But i am not able to do it...

Is there a solution to play on line just useing the game. I tried to create a game but is only "lan" so a tip in the cmd liste sv_lan 0 but nothing happends...

could you please help me?

I also tried to install a dedicaced server, using the wiki for help but I am unable to do he step 3.

This is the msg that showing up

"C:\Program Files\Valve\HLServer>hldsupdatetool -command update -game orangebox -dir c:\program files\valve\hlserver
WARNING: unrecognized parameter 'files\valve\hlserver'
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Cannot open output file 'c:\program/InstallRecord.blob'"

For information I don't have the orange box

Please help me :)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Create an online Game
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 02:33:35 pm »

To successfully create a local server that will appear in the server lists you must set 'sv_lan 0' and then use the 'changelevel' command to change maps.

After you do these things people will be able to see your game on the server list.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:38:19 pm »

Also check your firewall settings.
(e.g. if your FW settings disallow other ppl to see your PC from the internet, they won't be able to join)
And make sure you forwarded the ports for source in your router (usually port 27015) for UDP and TCP.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:10 pm »

To fix the error you see in the dedicated server configuration put quotes around the directory:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game orangebox -dir "c:\program files\valve\hlserver"

yymarc

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »

Hello, and thank you for you super speed reply.

I will try the first solution again 'sv_lan 0' and then use the 'changelevel' command to change maps and déconect my fire wall to check.

Then I will chek the router.

Guys it's a great work that you've done I love it !

I am talking about it to all my friends here in france :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up