GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 07:22:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: More then 2 servers?  (Read 7577 times)

Curt

More then 2 servers?
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »

I know this is going to sound like the STUPIDEST question ever, but it's because I'm pretty new.

When I click the server list, there's only 2. Both have something to do with a clan or something. WNx I think.

Are those really the only 2 servers, or is it just me?

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
Re: More then 2 servers?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

This is what I see in my server list.

Lately the master server listing has been acting funny and not showing all the servers that are available, but in your case I think all you have to do is play around with your filter settings.  You'll also want to uncheck the option to show the map list.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »

A lot of new players have the same issue.. uncheck the maplist, and refresh the server list, you should get 30+ servers come up.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

quatschFX

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

A lot of new players have the same issue.. uncheck the maplist, and refresh the server list, you should get 30+ servers come up.
I did that, and I only get 3...

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »

Make sure you select Refresh All, Quick Refresh will only refresh the list you already have.

If it doesn't work try it again. You should refresh the servers every time you fire up Goldeneye: Source.

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 01:20:37 am »

From my experience, the server menu in the steam client will show all the servers for GE:S. On the other hand, the server menu in the actual game will only show those with people in it (which is usually about 2 or 3 different servers).

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:34:52 am »

the server menu in the actual game will only show those with people in it (which is usually about 2 or 3 different servers).

If you have that particular filter on, yes. Mine always displays every server that's up and running.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:26:43 am »

Disable the "show maplist" feature and do a complete refresh. There should be at least 20 servers up and running.

quatschFX

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 06:34:15 am »

Thank you everyone, that has done it.  I see a good chunk of servers.

When i first saw only 2 I was going to put another one up.  I think though that there are plenty for now.  Hopefully more people will pick up the game, it brings back some great gaming memories.  Paintball mode, anyone? :)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:58:27 am »

Paintball mode, anyone? :)

It's a matter of asking an admin. We have it on our (WNx) servers. Other hosts have it too.

hemtar

• Agent
  • hemtar has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 09:19:40 pm »

Didn't work for me...

I had already untick that map thing and I did do the refresh all...

Whats going on?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:24:38 pm »

Hemtar you have a more complicated problem.. I believe it's to do with either your firewall or your internet connection.

hemtar

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »

I believe is not. Sorry, but as I said in other posts, I can play with no problems in HL2 Death Match VAC servers....

Also I have no problems listing those VAC servers. With GES servers, on the contrary, I can't see any server, even unticking that map thing.

.... mistery
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:16:21 am by hemtar »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 12:12:47 am »

use the server browser that is NOT in the game. Right click the steam icon in your task bar and click "Servers". Press "Filters" in the lower left and filter the game by "GoldenEye: Source (Beta 4)"

hemtar

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 08:17:27 am »

I'll try that! Hope it works.

Tanks a lot killermonkey!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up